Customised eq.

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Coloring your eq? Does this even make sense?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 04, 2004 21:42 pm

Nop! (Artic has lost it. Seek help, man!)
44%
Sounds Ok to me! (Hmm, maybe the paint will hide the stains on my pants...)
48%
Couldn't care less! (Pah! Colors! Who needs em?...)
7%

Total votes: 27

artic
Supporting Member 2005

Customised eq.

Post by artic »

This is not like adding any bonuses to the players or anything i just want to make my eq look a bit more suitable for my char RP-wize. Thus heres my idea:
We could have a seamstress/alchemic/whatever paint our eq. Like resizeing at the seamstress, youd give an eq to the NPC and specify what color you want it. Then she would poil it in a bucket of some very smelly content, or paint on it with real paint (made of natural products :))some colored runes (Purely decorational!!). Out of "Leather cloak" you could make "Green leather cloak" or my personal faivorite "Nightblack leather cloak" (Nothing better to help you hide in the shadows than that).
All this would be purely decorational and would bring no other effects to it than looking cool. And I really dont like my silverwhite tunic for my shadowdancing tours anymore.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Could the people that think this is a bad idea, comment on why they think so?
I ask because the numbers are kinda surprising to me. i was aware that the majority of players dont care for roleplay, but i though all were for looking cool.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

colouring self-made eqs like that might be a neat idea.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Why limit this only ti selfmade items? I can understand that having a pre-made item colored could result in controdictions in the item description, but there are ways around it.

Like the easyest part is changeing the short desc of item by simply adding the color: 'Leather cloak' -> 'Green leather cloak'
With the loger desc ther are many ways to go:
1) Keep original desc, only add an extra line saying something like 'This item has been over-painted with the color green' or something similar.
2) Filter through color words and replace tham with the wanted color. This is certainly not perfect, yet would do in most cases.
3) In case the (long) desc is too complex to be handled by a script, the seamstress could refuse to paint it. (too complex means: desc contains too many color related words, like 'Skyblue leggings with silvery runes').

With decorations like pictures/runed/symbold painted on items its very simple: 'Leather cloak' -> 'Leather cloak with the symbol of a Snow-white Tiger painted on it' and a hint added to the long desc too. (Maybe even /if possible/it would be nice to be able to look at 'picture on cloak').
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Could the current seamstress add color desc to her items?

Code: Select all

order chitinium silk,bracers,good[,red]
:?:
Or we could even give some skills to the artisans to gather the nessesary herbs to make th colors and than color the eqs they make?

----------
I wan't colors, but i'll probably get a white shirt, with very long sleeves. :wink: