Events.

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

wilde
Supporting Member 2013

Contents.

Post by wilde »

Imho we have enough contents, I tend to get bored to those Archer/Fishing/Hunting/Spotting, there are almost always the same players who participate and win. And there is nothing negative in these events, if you win you get something and if you don't win, well, you loose nothing.

Instead what I'm trying to whine for are events where player cooperation is required. Where the opponents are so big that one player cannot fight them, whether there be multiple small opponets or one big one, just as long as the opponent is big enough to force players to cooperate against it. This would create an actual atmosphere of "roleplaying" and maybe even bring players who dont party much together closer to each other.
"Old enemies unite against bigger enemy."
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

Me likes! Groovy ideas, keep them coming.

Though I think 5 shadowdancers (average number of online unidling dancers and that's over-estimating I might say) are barely enough to SWARM Vaerlon. This kind of event will have to be heavily backed by NPCs since there are much more Vaerlonians than Graemorians. And again there's this problem that insta-attacking-due-to-bad rep Vaerlon guards circumcize a lot of the game for Graemor inhabitants.

Perhaps there can be counter events where Vaerlon and Graemor team up against a common enemy, like one of the following:
- Evil demons invade the whole valley, emerging from the void and striking err.. places (cities, etc.) or prowling void drifters (who are not drifting silently *wink*).
- A new power is rising (in the south?) could start as a new zone (or a few of them) containing savage tribes (This could also evolve to new kingdom for players with new guilds?) who one day unite under one leader and march on graemor/vaerlon, which in turn asks the neighbouring kingdom for help.
And on the notes of players effecting history, I think it could be cool if the called-for kingdom citizens hold a special council and decide wether they want to help the under-siege city or the savage tribes, and making a little room for politics (eww) and conspiracies in Icesus.

err.. I have some more ideas concerning the the story details around these ideas, but I'm not sure they're even relevant.

And final note: Since summer vacation officially starts soon and I'll have way too much free time, I'd love to help coding/testing/whatever such events/areas/whatevers.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.