New Ranger Skill 'Tame'

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Is Tame skill for Rangers a good idea

Poll ended at Thu Aug 12, 2004 09:29 am

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 15

phu

New Ranger Skill 'Tame'

Post by phu »

I think rangers should have a 'tame' skill, where at low lvls they can stop aggressive monsters from attacking for a short while, and at higher lvls the befriend the animal and it joins the players party..when you use the skill you stop all fighting(creature still fights you till its tame :)..when you befriend the animal you have to feed and water it or it becomes aggro and attacks you, you cant order it arround it chooses what itll do, like if you tame a deer you cant make it fight, but you could ride it if it was right size, and if you tame a leopard it fights for you...and such things

what do yall think?
Run!! its the Mooses again!!
iluth

Post by iluth »

I think this is a great idea, unfortunately any such thing would mean a downtune to the melee skills rangers have to compensate.

Add to that, Galiere has said for a long time that there will be no "pets" for rangers, which i think would include temporary taming, maybe it's a balance issue or too hard to code, not sure.

Would be nice to see a skill like this, if you choose not to use the skill you'd be at a slight disadvantage, and if you did use it only be at a slight advantage, it would be just like barkskin and guided aim spells; rangers can use them to boost combat skills but often forget or can't be bothered to use them.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Could be possible in some kind beastmaster guild
phu

Post by phu »

like a cross subguild that rangers and gesalti<those shapeshifter people> could use would be cool :)

and about down tunin or whatever..I was thinkin if you could get an animal companion its attacks would be in tagteam with yours, like instead of those things 'you use the foliage to strike' it'd be 'you distract your foe and a mole darts in and bites his ankle' type thing, and while you had an animal you couldnt use the foliage stuff.
galiere
Wizard

Post by galiere »

No.
phu

Post by phu »

ok, was just an idea :)