dragons

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

dragons

Post by khade »

i put this idea out awhile ago, but it has such potential for abuse, that it didn't go anywhere, but i got some more ideas that might make it easier to do.
the original idea was a dragonish race, i think right now that a good name for them would be wyrmkyn, the size would be a little smaller then a mammoth.
for the new ideas: they don't heal normally, they are harder to hurt then usual, and because of that, they need to be by a fire to regenerate hp, or sleep or be healed, they don't heal without these things. the fire-breath thing takes mp. they can't use normal armour, but must make the armour part of their skin, and it can't be taken off, except for every 5-10 years, they shed it and can put better material on. they can't use magic items, except rings and earrings. they can't join many guilds. i think i mentioned a high charisma score, because snakes and animals like them can charm prey.
tell me what you think
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

good one.

I think they should have an own main-guild that would be at least 20 levels, and then a sub-guild for the advanced dragons or arch-dragons. They would be trained in hand-to-hand combat, and how to use the tail in combat. The arch-dragons would learn how to use breath weapons, which could be of all the elements, including acid, you cannot train more than one kind. it would also be sub-guilds for all the different kind of breath weapons. the more skilled a dragon is in their breath of choise, the more he would change in color: fire as breath would be red colored dragon, acid would be green and so on.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

they will need wings, so they will be good with the new codes that are for flying mounts
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Dragons are available as a playable race in Horizons. Heres how they have handeled things.
Other races can become different classes like warrior, mage priest etc. dragons can only become dragon adventurers, where they excel in different combat moves including tale usage, better breath weapons, flying. Although dragons there have aweak breath weapon at the first level, everthing else that makes a dragon good, comes over time, with greater levels.
Other races there can craft many kind of things, dragons too, but tragons can also craft dragon only things, like scales. At first dragon can use only a breast scael, as he advances in level other slots become available for scales.
Also dragons have a hoard, where they can put valuable items in. items cant be taken out of the hoard, but some attacks lessen the hoard (for some unexplained reason).

98% of people in that game have their first char a dragon. later as they will learn the world more, they will choose another race and stop playing the dragon.
So here be points to learn about dragons, before they get implemented.
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

maybe if dragons seems to powerfull for the ice-staff :twisted: you could implement the rebirth option that someone posted earlier, make them rebirth only race.
stalker
Wizard

Post by stalker »

tilamond wrote:maybe if dragons seems to powerfull for the ice-staff :twisted: you could implement the rebirth option that someone posted earlier, make them rebirth only race.
in my humblest of opinions mortal races ought not to represent the zenith of the foodchain, as it would make life dull.. for example dragons would massively kick ass, if balanced according to their fantasy-book habitus. No fun in that. :wink:
Stalker
haplo

Post by haplo »

the idea was a dragonish race, not dragons...
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

or rebirth only dragons that have sucky sucky 5$ exp rate :D
when you reinc, you get a choice before you choose your race if you want to rebirth, if no reinc gos on normaly, if yes you loose all exp and masteries, but can choose from more powerful races, with, as I said sucky exp rate.
another rebirth-only race could be will'o'wisps, that are mage races. you choose a element to worship, and get powers from the element. the more levels and/or total exp you have, the more powerful they become. and you get stronger in the element you worship in manners of mage spells, and weaker for the opposite elements.
I really like the idea of rebirth :twisted:

oh, and you must have a fixed amount of total exp for rebirth in a rebirth races, the more powerful the race are, the more you'l need
stalker
Wizard

Post by stalker »

tilamond wrote:or rebirth only dragons that have sucky sucky 5$ exp rate :D
when you reinc, you get a choice before you choose your race if you want to rebirth, if no reinc gos on normaly, if yes you loose all exp and masteries, but can choose from more powerful races, with, as I said sucky exp rate.
another rebirth-only race could be will'o'wisps, that are mage races. you choose a element to worship, and get powers from the element. the more levels and/or total exp you have, the more powerful they become. and you get stronger in the element you worship in manners of mage spells, and weaker for the opposite elements.
I really like the idea of rebirth :twisted:

oh, and you must have a fixed amount of total exp for rebirth in a rebirth races, the more powerful the race are, the more you'l need
in addition to being able to make kick-ass exp with a rebirth-race (downtuned by a sucky exprate), one would do kick-ass eq as well.. this means NPCs/monsters require uptuning, causing everyone else to be worse off.. :cry:
Stalker
tilamond

Post by tilamond »

hmm, whatever. I just wanna help improve this mighty fine mud you guysare running :) without any code knowledge, this is all I can do :?