a few new ideas

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

a few new ideas

Post by khade »

here are some ideas, they are not in any coherent order, just as they come.
1. some upgrades for all of the guilds in anticipation of the earth priests, i have an idea for two: shadowdancers, and monks. first, if a shadowdancer can prove that someone attacked them and then went out of greamor to heal and recuperate, then they can go after them, if they are given a reason to if the shadowdancer dies, then the counterattack is not valid. next, a new attack for monks, that hurts the monk a bit, like the templar blow of justice, when it takes some of the templars life, and has an elemental attack. the attack would be prepared during meditation and would take about 2 full levels of light in the rune to charge, during which the rune does not get a stronger glow, and takes about 5-10 minutes to finish, then afterword, the monk can activate this attack, just once per charge, and hits with an electric charge, doing about 50% more damage then usual, but getting hurt in the process.
2. a new race, similer to the b'rogh, the minotaur. the minotaur would be very bad at magic, and have a large bonus to his headbutting attacks, and when initiating an attack, would get a gore attack, that does double damage, if it connects. if they use a throwing attack, or starts the fight in a different way, they don't get to try to gore the enemy.
just some ideas, if i get any more, i will post them here.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Let me reply to your ideas in the order they appear:

If all the guilds are upgraded, as you suggest, then there would need to be a new round of balancing for all the guilds to making more unnecessary work for the admin. It's much easier to introduce individual uptunes where needed, instead of improving everyone. Besides, this change would basically make players in general more powerful against creatures/NPCs and considering the consistant effort to tune the effectiveness of players against NPCs...this change would be a step backwards.

Shadowdancers:
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve with this idea, please elaborate. Remember though, that shadowdancers do play an assassin role on Icesus...expecting death, both delievered and received, should be a normal part of their business. Giving shadowdancers a blank check on who they can kill outside of Graemor is not a good idea.

Monks:
While I been unable to take the time to party with monks recently, it was my understanding that the class is able to perform some of the most devastating melee attacks of all the guilds already (granted, it is limited to physical damage).

Minotaur:
Two things here.
1.) How are minotaurs different from b'rogh wearing antlers?
2.) If the gore attack uses their head/antlers...why do their weapons get double damage in the first round?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I like the idea of new races. I have been tinking about a satyr race myself- would also have horns, goatlegs and some really nice bonuses to bard skills/songs/dances, good cha, and dex, bad str and con. Bonuses to headbut (due to horns) yet unable to wear normal headgear.

2) Shadowdancer retalliation has been discussed before (hopelessly). Being a shadowdancer and heading to your guild to level (with level exp on) and getting killed in graemor, well, id like to someone who wouldnt get pissed about that. Yet the rules prevent your from retalliating outside of graemor. I say, if you feel strongly about it, break the rules- risk the ban, but love thay revenge!!
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

for the shadowdancers, you could record what happens, i am not sure how, but i think it can be done, when you go to level, and if you are killed, then maybe have a petition to the wizards to hunt the person down. but only if you can document it.

the monks are very powerful, but, as it is my current guild, i am thinking of upgrades for it more then any others.

a gore attack is when something with antlers charges at the enemy and smashes its head into their chest or stomach, and then moves its head up abrubtly, pulling the horns up and out of the wound, while making it bigger. it can pull out the insides of the enemy and leave a really big hole. the difference between a b'rogh and a minotaur is that the minotaur would not have the smash attack, and so would do normal damage except for that one time. i like the idea of the horns making it imposible to use helmets.

some suggestions about that idea of races. add the faun to the satyr, then give the satyr better str and very slightly less cha and dex, and have the faun be the one that uses more dex, a satyr is a lot stronger then the faun and is much more violent.
grainer
Supporting Member 2015

Post by grainer »

About minotaurs: They could have special attack that uses their hooves. And before you ask why centaurs don't have it, they can only kick to someone behind them (like horses) and so you can just decide they don't want to do it, or make the attack give the enemy couple free hits on centaur. Minotaurs however could kick to front or sideways and enemy couldn't get any advantage on that.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I though centaurs already get immense bonuses to normal kicks? Something like: Centaur kicks enemy down and tramples all over it, making its bones crack, etc.

And whats a faun?
felgand

Post by felgand »

I though centaurs already get immense bonuses to normal kicks? Something like: Centaur kicks enemy down and tramples all over it, making its bones crack, etc.
That's not a normal kick.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

a faun is like a satyr, but everything that i know about satyrs have them as very dangerous and violent. fauns are less violent, and more mischevious. the greek god pan is a faun, i think. satyrs are less inteligent then the faun. that is about all i know about the two species.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

ok i have a new idea (don't everybody just stare at me, this is actually a common occurance)
this idea will probably be taken apart and shown bit by bit why it is a bad idea, but i want to see it in writing anyway.
in a book called "The Golden Compass", there is a race of sentient polar bears generally called armoured bears. they would build armour out of what they called sky metal, i think it would be tungston steel, and then fight with things, they are strong enough to rip apart normal metal and they cannot be fooled by either lying or feints at all. if they were put in icesus, they would not be able to wear any armour other then the type they make themselves and they could repair their armour. guild items would be integrated with the armour, and there would be guilds that they could not join, monks as an example. they would have normally just their strength for fighting, no spells like the gaesati. and the armour would be heavy. also in the book, they have enough stamina to run for 3 days straight and fight afterwords, and win, too! :twisted:
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i was just explaining the race as it is in the book, they will fight with the humans, maybe witches: if they are really stupid, with each other, and with the evil creatures of their homeland, such as ghouls and other undead. in the book they were totally neutral, until someone actually attacked them.
i was thinking just pieces that go together, like greaves, helmet, backplate, breastplate(maybe, they tend to fight on all fours) they could take off the armour, if only so they can swim, who would want to have their armour rust jsut to be able to swim? in the book the humans had daemons, which were kind of external souls, and the armour was the bears equivelant, at least they looked at it that way. and yes this is currently very unbalanced, but i think it is a fun idea. keep on bringing in the remarks on this, it is fun
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

what icesus really needs is a guild that can only have nobles in it, like, for example, a sort of fencing club, nobles and high nobles only.
grainer
Supporting Member 2015

Post by grainer »

allanon wrote:
khade wrote:in a book called "The Golden Compass", there is a race of sentient polar bears generally called armoured bears. they would build armour out of what they called sky metal, i think it would be tungston steel, and then fight with things, they are strong enough to rip apart normal metal and they cannot be fooled by either lying or feints at all. if they were put in icesus, they would not be able to wear any armour other then the type they make themselves and they could repair their armour. guild items would be integrated with the armour, and there would be guilds that they could not join, monks as an example. they would have normally just their strength for fighting, no spells like the gaesati. and the armour would be heavy. also in the book, they have enough stamina to run for 3 days straight and fight afterwords, and win, too! :twisted:
My thoughts on this idea:

Nooo. Needs some serious downgrading if it's put in as is. :wink:

Hold on, they start out with some sort of coverall steel platemail armour? That's some serious ac!

Okie, so the armour is like a turtle shell or something. Can't take off, covers all slots, needs upkeep for repairs.

Fight with...things? Such as?

That's awful strong. Newbie starting out with lv-50 esque strength stat... :?

Too much epmax! :!:

Hmm, this is the first race that walks on 4 legs, but stands up to fight on two with a...thing. This should be interesting.

This race seems to have a quite high str, con, AND int/wis rating. Kinda unbalanced, no?
I've heard that wizes are _very_ good at downgrading, but I'll give my 2 cents:
Armour gets better as you gain levels, meaning in lvl 1 they're very very poorQ with shitty ac and heavy as hell.
Stats are not a problem, you still need to train them with adv pts.

The statcosts can be adjusted for balance, like 3, 4, 5, 6 adv pts per train for str, con, int, wis (and lots for dex and cha).
Yep, I think they might get balanced enough.

Edit:
Also they wouldn't be able to wear magical eq, would they? They have their built-in armours in hitslots and they got paws->no mithril rings, no cd-gloves, no boots. Maybe amulet&cloak slots _only_?? That would make any race balanced, because they'd have shitty regens for not having regen eq.

edit2: typos
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i realized that i never explained why a minotaur would get 2x damage on the starting attack: they don't hit with a sword or axe or anything like that, they would start the attack with running at the enemy and lowering their head and goring the poor fool who got in the way of their horns.
i think there needs to be an underice sea in one of the undeveloped areas, and there could be a port city there and pirates, big ships and new sea-creatures, and if you can kill all the pirates on a ship, you get to keep the ship. the lowest level that could safely go on the underground ocean would be about level 40.