DF usage

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

molden

DF usage

Post by molden »

Could it be possible to change DF system so, that you would only lose DF when you actually use your god given abilities.

Lose-when-regen-system is easy and nice, but i hate when i lose DF when i'm just making some earrings. Only 1% of my ep goes away but immeadiately after i make the earring, i regen a bit and then lose some DF. It's like there is -DF price tag in my earring production, buhuu. But it would be nice if you'd lose DF from whirling blades blessing only when using it.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Blessing in general allow you to become much better than you would normally be through pure exp alone. Considering the relative ease at gaining df to upkeep those blessings and/or gaining the appropiate eq for that purpose, I think a constant drain each regen tick is appropiate and should not be changed.
iluth

Post by iluth »

Yes, but not all players get that much df eq or even party.

For players who leatherwork and make arrows, fish, hunt, or basically play quite slowly df can be a pain to see it draining when you're not off gathering df eq. The only answers are to either keep some money aside and buy cheap df when you see it, or to keep your blessings at an affordable level.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Exploration is your friend here if you are the type of player Iluth describes. By level 15-20, it's entirely possible to gather sufficient df for most modest blessings (20ish df drain or so) without spending a dime (or silver, in this case).
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

is it possible to [/b]buy df?
iluth

Post by iluth »

felgand wrote:Exploration is your friend here if you are the type of player Iluth describes. By level 15-20, it's entirely possible to gather sufficient df for most modest blessings (20ish df drain or so) without spending a dime (or silver, in this case).
20df per tick is beyond all level 15-20 players, unless they are finnish or air priests.
felgand

Post by felgand »

iluth wrote:
20df per tick is beyond all level 15-20 players, unless they are finnish or air priests.
While, it may be beyond what you believe is possible. Please don't make the generalization for all players....because it is simply not true.
moraq

Post by moraq »

I agree with Iluth 20df per tick would be _very_ hard to 15-20lvl players, since you'd need to get few very good df items or lots of smaller ones, and you need exp too so looting around all the time is quite useless...Ofcourse it is not impossible but - well - in general 20df/tick is no good for newbish players.

ps. I'm lvl 31 with 8 upkeep and I lose about 1-2k df from those per playing day approx
felgand

Post by felgand »

While, I'm not going to sit here and argue ridiculous numbers with you. The fact of the matter is that if what you say is true and players around 15-20m worth are able to succeed quite well with or without blessings and reach whatever ungodly sum of total exp there is now...that this essential "uptune" to blessings is not necessary at all. This is made even more obvious with the average decrease in value of "df" items (at least in the past year I've been playing) and people's general unwillingness to even pay for that. In a roleplay sense, pure hunter/fisher types wouldn't be expected to gather enormous favor from their god...I mean, where are they spreading the word to? ...that sturgeon that got away?
iluth

Post by iluth »

felgand wrote:While, I'm not going to sit here and argue ridiculous numbers with you. The fact of the matter is that if what you say is true and players around 15-20m worth are able to succeed quite well with or without blessings and reach whatever ungodly sum of total exp there is now...that this essential "uptune" to blessings is not necessary at all. This is made even more obvious with the average decrease in value of "df" items (at least in the past year I've been playing) and people's general unwillingness to even pay for that. In a roleplay sense, pure hunter/fisher types wouldn't be expected to gather enormous favor from their god...I mean, where are they spreading the word to? ...that sturgeon that got away?
Firstly we were talking about level 15-20, and not total worth. Secondly nobody said they were able to reach ungodly amounts of exp with or without blessings, it confuses me why you said that. Thirdly nobody has said this tune is essential. And finally nobody has mentioned roleplaying in this topic at all, which as far as i can see is about df.

Your arguments, as always lack clarity and are short-sighted.

In case you're confused about my position, i don't care either way about this tune since nobody gets skill blessings anyway, but i like to be able to look at something from somebody elses point of view, a skill which some people have a problem with.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Regardless of what your bias is, nor arguing over some meaningless point, the basic fact of the matter is simply that there is no need for a change like this. In fact, if any change were implemented, it should be to make df blessing upkeep more expensive than it currently is. The bottomline is that blessings are not mandatory nor even necessary to do well in Icesus, because of this the cost should not be changed.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Im am level 30(ish), I dont use any blessings. Never have. I have tried using them, but it seems the small ones don't give you anything and the bigger ones i can't upkeep. I have 30K df at the moment. I make about 600df per pouch full of hearts- on good days i collect about 2-3 pouchfullls.
Maybe its my gamestyle or something, but when-ever i take a blessing, i keep loosing df so rapidly that explaining it with a upkeep of 4df becomes impossible.
jared
Supporting Member 2018

Post by jared »

whaaat?! Is this conversation for real or are you just yanking my pants? :P