Battle Strategy -skill

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

molden

Battle Strategy -skill

Post by molden »

Makes you able to change your party place in middle of battle. With powerful, intelligent and wise foes, this would be very difficult . If you want to swap place with someone, both should have this skill, or if someone is between you and the spot you want to move. Might take few rounds to complete this feat in midst of battle.

It could be even possible that the skill would only be available to warriors like militia, templars. Then only they would be able to party place party members in fight if they lead the party. They would "coordinate" the battle.
mandrake

Post by mandrake »

GOOD IDEA! :D , another use would be in the case of haveing more then one tank an one has gotten knocked down in hp enough that normally the party would run but the other tank has enough to get some more damage on the mob or finish it off. tank one could move back behind tank two so that the party could keep attacking.
rixa

Post by rixa »

Militia has skill called controlled retreat.
1.Flee
2.Change places
3.Return back

Of course skills are abortedt this way but that change places in middle of combat sounds somewhat abusable.
molden

Post by molden »

rixa wrote: Of course skills are abortedt this way but that change places in middle of combat sounds somewhat abusable.
I think it could be made so that it isn't abusable, no instant placements or such, and only one at the time. dunno what could be really abusable there?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

If its similar to the 'draw weapon' (auto used when trying to wield a weapon in battle) skill, than i dont really see how it could be abused? All it does is increase the number of tanks possible in a party.
felgand

Post by felgand »

A change like this would likely result in all monsters being upgraded in damage and/or damage the back row more frequently. Why? Because part of the risks of partying is to expose your back row to damage (and have a nice party wipe. :D) if your tank dies. Also, some creatures have the ability to incapacitate or otherwise remove a front-row tank from the party formation...with auto-placement such creatures "skills" would be rendered extraordinarily pointless.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

If skill is optained al high enough level, if it it very difficult to perform and would consume a reasonable amount of time, i see no reason why it would interrupt the game balance.

Saying that with this skill the unique 'skill' of some monster would be neutralised is kinda wierd. Did you know that rats in the warehouse bite? And if you wear a full suite of adamantium plate mail, you can neutralize that biting! :)
And the spiders in the warehouse group-aggro at you, but if you cast an area spell, it will neutralize that group aggroing?

Code: Select all

Huge Bad Monster seems to consentrate for a moment and releases a HUGE ball of fire, wich flyes directly at A.
A's rear end seems to be on fire...
C hit monster causing cligh bruises.
A misses.
A<party> I'm hit! I'm hit!
C<party> **** ***** **** ***** *** Monster *** my ****
party place A 3,1
You stop concentrating on the skill.
You start to use your leader skills to direct A in combat.
Huge Bad Monster hits you.
C dodges.
C<party> God **** *** **** My **** **** in ****
A's rear end is till burning.
... &#40;many combat rounds pass&#41;
You smell fried meat...
C<party> die you **** **** ****** ***** *******
Monster dodges.
You decide to perform a combat maneuver.
You step in front of A and bush him into the rear rank.