Cooking with Glowing Fires

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

kilvolt

Cooking with Glowing Fires

Post by kilvolt »

Ok...Heres the idea.
Cooking increases a foods satiatiability...so if the campfire has a glow from say a mage...the food would also increase SP small amount depending on magical campfire spell level and cooking ability. If the fire had a glow from healer like rejuvenation :?: or whatever they use the food would increase whatever that spell on the campfire increases.
brich

nasty boy Allanon!

Post by brich »

These "I like /I dont like your idea" replies dont seem to be needed I say. If a wizard says something like that sure,they decide whether the idea is implemented or not but players...stick to useful words .
On the other hand: what mage can eat 20 pieces of meat? OMG!
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

that mage would explode.
felgand

Post by felgand »

There's nothing wrong with Allanon's post...he gave his opinion and backed it up with his reasoning which was useful in of itself. Though, both your post, Brich, and my reply probably are much more useless in this thread. :D
brich

I know

Post by brich »

yeah,my post was sure not helping the original thread but I somuch seen enough of them " I like/dont like this idea" replies.
I'll shuddup now...and NO,his reply is not helpful in anyway imho. He just calls "balance rule no.1" and dismisses a nice idea. An idea which could be useful and/or abusable in any case. Remember Thoran's post about them "various thingies" like bone tools and stuff? Thats where this idea would fit superbly.
felgand

Post by felgand »

You'll have to remember that there are many balance issues that have to be considered here. You're basically giving free regens out...it's possible to find meat that takes a while to satiate you so a mage being able to eat many pieces of meat is entirely possible.

In addition, adding easy healing items makes other guilds less valuable. Air priests would have a harder time making money (assuming a major reason people wish to carry around meat is to get the entire share of the loot for themselves), alchemists will be less useful (since a major part of their business is due to hp/sp/ep potions), and any other class healing/regen skills would lose some of their uniqueness and necessity.

Also, races with abnormally large appetites (mainly the larger races) will have a distinct advantage in this change as they would be able to eat much more food than their smaller counterparts. To balance this change larger races would likely have to be downgraded in some manner to accomodate this change. My guess is that the benefits here do not balance out the loss.

There is a solution though, possibly. An open subguild could be created that specialized in infusing foodstuffs with healing magic that would be comparably difficult to alchemists to succeed in. New skills that would not be learnable through use would create these healing foodstuffs. Possibly, this could be added as a third choice above the survival guild.
thoran
Wizard

Re: nasty boy Allanon!

Post by thoran »

brich wrote:These "I like /I dont like your idea" replies dont seem to be needed I say. If a wizard says something like that sure,they decide whether the idea is implemented or not but players...stick to useful words .
Brich, this is just the reason to have an idea forum. Many people can say their opinions to an idea and maybe offer some alternatives/additional ideas. This way, when we wizards go through this area (we do! really!), the ideas have already matured a bit from the original post.

Of course, people should avoid posts that just say "I don't like that" but instead give reasons why they don't like it or don't think the system should work. If you don't understand what this means, read some Felgand's posts :)
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Also, races with abnormally large appetites (mainly the larger races) will have a distinct advantage in this change as they would be able to eat much more food than their smaller counterparts. To balance this change larger races would likely have to be downgraded in some manner to accomodate this change. My guess is that the benefits here do not balance out the loss.
bigger races already get downgraded in the healing, expecially with potions, a bag character gets about 20% back, and if what i have been seeing recently is any indication, a medium sized character gets 40% and who knows what a small character gets from a potion
felgand

Post by felgand »

Actually, no such downgrade exists. The reason you notice that healing potions appear to heal smaller races more than larger ones is simply because those potions heal an absolute number (let's say 5 hp) but you can only gauge hp according to a relative scale (20%, 40%, etc.). What you are noticing is that large characters have more hp overall (5hp heal/100 max hp comes out to a much smaller number than 5hp heal/10 max hp). In this way, large characters have a distinct advantage...they have more health to work with from the beginning.