City channels

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

artic
Supporting Member 2005

City channels

Post by artic »

Id like to see channels named after the different cities ment for people of only that city. Like a channel name Vaerlon for players from vaerlon. This would make it easy to co-ordinate city-wide events such as graemorians attacking vaerlon, etc. Better communication between guilds of one city.
Praised be the god of fire, may he bless me and my dark brethren with the warmth, and save me from the light of hes holy flames.
creln

Post by creln »

This is already supported in code. I also made city channels year or so ago but after monitoring them for few months it became apparent that their only purpose was to clutter 'channel list' and for graemorian channel to put name of the teleporter guy in the topic:) And also only like 20% of players listened to those channels and hardly anyone spoke.

So as it stands now they can be easily created when there is some real use to them. Yes, city defence and attacking can be fun at times but until they have somekind of lasting effect I fail to see reason to create those channels again.

And before you start thinking of improvements to city attacks, yes there are pretty complex well thought plans for it but as a result of being complex nobody has finished them or is likely to do so in near future. Mostly coding help is needed for them from experienced coders. Maybe well thought easy to code idea to improve city attacking could be useful but I fail to see one nor have I heard of one. Current system for spam when citizens of different alliances kill eachother is good example of useless easy to code idea.

As a disclaimer my views are my own and are most likely disagreed by atleast one wizard and/or administration. Only state of channel code and the experience using city channels are fact.