Help skill/spell.

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Should the help skill/spell system be changed so that:

Everyone can access every skill&spell help there is
45%
You can only view the help files for the skills&spells you get from the guild.
38%
It's fine the way it is now.
17%

Total votes: 47

zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Help skill/spell.

Post by zohlor »

Just pondering what the other players think of the current system. Since at the moment it is not possible to read the help file of the skill or spell unless you can study/train it. So in other words, no help 'till it is available at the _current_ level of your guild. I doubt I'm not the only one who finds the current system a bit ..lacking.
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i think that if a skill is available to a guild at your current level, not counting the ones that need 30 levels to join or the ones that need you to have 6 levels in shadowdancers, so the equivilant of that, you can see the help file,spells are good though.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

helpfiles to skills/spells that can be trained next level.

Post by solar »

As mentioned, the current system has a tiny flaw, and my suggestion is the following (true, you have probably thought about this one too, but I'll post it here anyway) :

I'd like to be able to see the helpfiles to skills and spells that I get to train in the next level.

For example, let's presume that I'd be a lvl 25 ranger (which I am not), about to choose my next subguild from the 5 possible ranger subguilds. The decision would be easier if I were to be able to see the helpfiles on the skills that I'd be able to train after joining the next subguild... like what the help says about contact reflexes.

Sure, the skillnames can be quite self-explanatory, but some skillnames are a bit vague. For example, combat sense, kaleidoscopic shield, delayed, plane manipulation and so on. If I wouldn't know better, I'd be guessing about what they actually do and could get a wrong impression.

I don't see the reason to have access to EVERY skill/spell helpfile.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

it is rahter simple. if you type 'list skills' in a guild hall than you should get help for all of the kills listed, in that same guild hall. So if you are not allowed into a specific guild hall, you cant get the list and you cant see the help.

sounds reasonable to me.
Praised be the god of fire, may he bless me and my dark brethren with the warmth, and save me from the light of hes holy flames.
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

yeah, i'd like to see some help files on the skills i'm going to get on higher levels too but, 'they' must have had a reason for doing what 'they' did, no?
anyways, we can still use 'who guild <guildname> idle unidle' and ask people to paste help to us, assuming that they have it.
Beyond good..
felgand

Post by felgand »

Since reincarnation and joining new guilds are a relatively simple process (ie. the requirements for all mainguilds are relatively simple...and there's no interviewing process), I think it's reasonable for the skill/spell helpfiles to be available for everyone to see and would be helpful for folks to understand how things work.