Bards of Aegic

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Post by Guest »

what about a taunting dance, say you get in a fight with a bard, and in the middle of the fight he starts dancing around you, singing about what an idiot you are, while cutting you, and he is almost impossible to hit because he is skipping around. it would be irritating and you could get dizzy, or stunned from trying to keep him in front of you.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Sounds too much like jester/fool skills/dances which I intent to keep out of the guild :)
malag
Supporting Member 2005

Post by malag »

Taunting dance - if there would be one it should not be the kind you mentioned Thera - but instead the mosnter would take the bard as a primary target - muah! That's what i would do if some1 would taunt and tease me.

Post by Guest »

that is why you would have a high, very high dodge skill, you insult the guy, maybe do minor damage to all of his weak points, when he can no longer think, one of you friends attacks him and he is so focused on you that he cannot dodge, plus it would probably be in the back. what about a fencing skill: you have the weapon parry, but with this skill, it would be twice as affective, maybe a fighting style. for the bard.
tanstai

Post by tanstai »

* 1 dance that is only available for males
* 1 dance that is only available for females
A dance for the its?

Tanstai
wield Life
You don't have a Life.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Nope, you need to choose a gender ;)
tanstai

Post by tanstai »

Nope, you need to choose a gender
LOL! Are you going to have a "limbs" requirement as well? I could always spin and twirl in the air as a beholder...but suppose that might not be considered dancing by some...

Tanstai
wield Life
You don't have a Life.
iluth

Post by iluth »

hmm now that you bring gender into it, would a song or dance from a female bard have more/better effect on male party members, and vice versa?
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

tanstai wrote:LOL! Are you going to have a "limbs" requirement as well? I could always spin and twirl in the air as a beholder...but suppose that might not be considered dancing by some...
You need to be able to wield your instrument to play it and some dances require a weapon (four of them) and also beholder has horrible charisma ;)
iluth wrote:hmm now that you bring gender into it, would a song or dance from a female bard have more/better effect on male party members, and vice versa?
Possibly yes :)
tanstai

Post by tanstai »

Yes...beholders do have a charisma issue. As far as instruments go, I use telekinesis to skin animals (with a knife), so I don't see why the same wouldn't be *possible*. ;)

Maybe I have a particularly nice eye colour...thus enhancing my charisma! lol

Tanstai
wield Life
You don't have a Life.

Post by Guest »

so a requirement of the guild will to be ether male or female, how about you have two places to join, one per gender?
thoran
Wizard

Post by thoran »

ok something that I really think fit bards quite well:

'Ode'

We are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams.
World-losers and world-forsakers,
Upon whom the pale moon gleams;
Yet we are the movers and shakers,
Of the world forever, it seems.

With wonderful deathless ditties
We build up the world's great cities,
And out of a fabulous story
We fashion an empire's glory:
One man with a dream, at pleasure,
Shall go forth and conquer a crown;
And three with a new song's measure
Can trample an empire down.

We, in the ages lying
In the buried past of the earth,
Built Nineveh with our sighing,
And Babel itself with our mirth;
And o'erthrew them with prophesying
To the old of the new world's worth;
For each age is a dream that is dying,
Or one that is coming to birth.

-- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
solar
Supporting Member 2020

National epic-level hero of Finland: Väinämöinen

Post by solar »

Thought I should post this one here, but to those whose knowledge about 'Kalevala' is lacking, Väinämöinen (or Vaenaemoeinen, for those who can't display scandinavian letters) was a 'musician' of sorts. I don't have exact knowledge (never read Kalevala quite thoroughly), but at least 'magic' was used along with singing. He almost sung a poor fellow called 'Joukahainen' into a swamp. He also made the first 'kantele' (national instrument of Finland) from a jawbone of a GIGANTIC pike.

Now after this litte bit cultural knowledge, I'd like to see kantele-instruments in the game when bards are implemented. :D

And check your local libraries - they might have Kalevala for you to read! Perhaps even in your native language too!
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
roag

Post by roag »

I do have huge Kalevala-book holding whole story about it. Anyone like to borrow sentences or something? :P
zak
Supporting Member 2007

Post by zak »

An idea: Maybe if more than one bard is in the same party, they could boost up each others performances by playing diffirent instruments to make more complicated music together?

By the way, how complete is the bard guild nowdays? Do you have any estimation when it's ready or percents completed to give us? :wink:
"In the warriors code, there's no surrender
Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, NEVER!"