Bards of Aegic

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

iskey
Supporting Member 2010

Post by iskey »

I'd say 10% would be generous estimate :)
As of now there are no masteries done. Only dozen of songs are written, and only couple are usable. Also megasuperüberhyper features are not coded at all.

There was an idea that song checking could be distributed among mortals who are given right to quality check them. As of now I think it was that player is required to write a poem every 10th level he takes in the guild. So you can only imagine how many songs and poems there will be after guild is opened. That's why distributing workload around would be beneficial.

My idea of how it _could_ work is that player writes his song in to that notebook mentioned earlier, and someone with right to check it reads it and if he thinks that it could qualify in to the game he marks it. Ofcourse not every song would be inserted into the game, but this way we can fill our 'libraries' with atleast something :)
Now ofcourse one may wonder who will be qualified to check these songs. I believe anyone can achieve that place by writing good quality poems and showing atleast somekind enthusiasm to the guild. Even with this kind playerbased checking final word will always have wizard who will insert songs that he likes and inserts into that 'library' that can be used by all bards. And if someone do qualify 'bad' song, he can be punished with sever -rep in the guild.
Omoshiroi
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

how about every character starts with a list of songs that they know, from their background?