Earth Priests

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Earth Priests

Post by janeti »

On the experience issue. Have the experience gained by the e-priest and his minions treated as in any other party. If the priest has 3 minions he only gets quarter experience. And if his minions are higher level then he is he will get even less. That might also discourage others from partying with e-priests, since previously if the priest was getting too much experience so were other members of his party.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

if they use summoning, the strength of the creature could come from the heart used to power it. if it is a rat heart, the construct would be very weak, and a dragon would be very strong. then have the strength of heart that they can control be dependent on the masteries of the guild, then when they increase in power, the heart could be replaced with a more powerful one. and have the hearts be able to be preserved, if you kill a dragon in a past life, you would want to keep it.
ceind
Supporting Member 2010

Post by ceind »

The new e_priest could have subguild throwers. So that an engineer that could build 20000 hp golem could do something in combat. In my opinion it wouldn't make then too powerful as throwing was in low tune.
I think that necromancer idea doesn't work with earth priest idea. Earth priest should do everything from earth, raising golems from mud and making glay weapons to them and maybe casting quick sand to monster killing them slowly (golem could not kill it when the monster is drowning). Even throwing weapons could be mud related.
The power of the golem would be related to masteries just like mummies. I think the most skillfulled priest could prepair their golems making them easier to break.
thoran
Wizard

Post by thoran »

Again I am actually doing something for earth priests... more planning.

At this point, I would ask ppl to send me ideas for spells/skills.

They should be related to earth, not nether/death/undead etc. Just clay, rock, sand, jewels, metals... things that are not alive, you get the idea.

Spells can be offensive, defensive or miscallenous (like a spell that sharpens a sword). No healing, time travel etc.

Remember these are priests, so they channel the power of earth elemental god. Would your god really want its power to be used to spell called "Rain of poop"?

Skills should also be somehow bound either to performing priestly duties (and no, Seduce Choirboy is not a good suggestion), or to help spellcasting.

Try to be as detailed as possible, describing:
  • - Name of the spell/skill
    - Long description of the spell, describing what the spell does
    - Description of the character's actions while casting
    - Possible requirements (DF, jewels etc) needed to cast it.
    - Overall "level" of the spell (basic,advanced, expert)
Don't concern yourself with "is this too powerful", we wizards are very good at downtuning.

I reserve the right to change the ideas as I see fit. Good ideas will be rewarded.

I'd prefer if you'd e-mail the ideas to me: thoran@mail.suomi.net

You can also use mudmail, but don't post them here

Thanks in advance,

- Thoran