Gaesati spider ideas

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

atreus
Supporting Member 2006

Gaesati spider ideas

Post by atreus »

A couple of ideas concerning the spider subguild in shapeshifters that I thought and discussed with Sriel...

* Spider leader special: Protective web that you weave to prevent monsters from entering the same room (ie. safe regen when killing potentially tracking mobs). Once the party moves again (or the spider removes it) the web disappears. Of course, the same time restrictions would apply that apply to other leader specials.

* Trapping skill: How about making spiders able to use their web-weaving skills to make a webtrap with trapping skill? It would be a new, refreshing use for an old skill.

* Web build: Similar to "camp build", in a very perverted, twisted way. Takes time to build, but once the spider has weaved a web in the room it gives +attack and +defence assignment points while fighting in that room (and the web is still intact - naturally it would suffer in combat). This is something I thought would be kinda analogous to the winter wolf "exhale" command.

More to come if I can think of something neat.

.atr.
.psychedelicious.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Web build is an awsme idea. Picture a room full of sticky gray web, A monster inside it, half entangled trying to fight the spider that just seems to glide on that web, having no problem moving. Whereas the monster would have to spend attacks slicing the web, creating some movement room for itself. The spider would greatly get some movement speed, better ability to dodge hits and score hits. Eventually, whether is because of the damage thw monster has dealt or because of the time that has passed, the web would collapse and be destroyed.
Praised be the god of fire, may he bless me and my dark brethren with the warmth, and save me from the light of hes holy flames.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

how about an offensive skill, that can be only done before the enemy notices, that if it succeeds, your enemy is tangled with webs and has a major disadvantage, but if they notice in time, they get 2+ free hits before you can retaliate, as wrapping silk around anything would mean getting really close.
agnes
Supporting Member 2010

Post by agnes »

I assume that they have different kind of forms in the guild. I was thinking if they could have a rising poison damage. the better form the better poison damage which could be improved by training skills. i know kinda lousy idea. :wink:
atreus
Supporting Member 2006

Post by atreus »

One more idea that I just thought about:

* First aid: Yep, you got it: why waste bandages when you have a spider in party that can weave a small web and bandage party members' wounds.

.pi.
.psychedelicious.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

atreus wrote:One more idea that I just thought about:

* First aid: Yep, you got it: why waste bandages when you have a spider in party that can weave a small web and bandage party members' wounds.

.pi.
logical. silk bandage... no so sure if it clean tho... maybe a sligh chance of getting a desease?
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

spider silk is very clean, after all, they have to use it to catch bugs, and who wants to eat dirty bugs. in fact it is antiseptic, and is really good at stopping bleeding, so spider webs would be an excellent form of bandage.