New Guild Ideas - Geneticists, Smugglers, and the Possessed

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

dyzmal

Post by dyzmal »

Free-for-all subguild. Hrm... sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't a "casting militia" be a bit unbalanced? Personally I think it would be better as a mainguild, but again that's just personally. I like everything else you said a lot though.

The things that "you wouldn't normally do" would be in the form of quests or something, I'm guessing? Or maybe if you are possessed by some infamous thief, the spirit of the thief would randomly make you attack -Rep mobs like guards, etc., so you would have to use other methods of entering towns and stuff. I like the idea of "considering purses" or whatever, so you can tell how much money a mob has on it before you kill it? Bravo, great idea. Another thing we have to think of is negative side-effects to the guild though, the "things you wouldn't normally do" idea is good but I think it could use some more elaboration. Also I still like the idea of the ritual being able to fail, sending you to the nether while the spirit takes over your body (i.e., Zombie resembling Artic, etc.), and maybe some even more severe side-effects. The spirit could be a shadow over the player (for you Ice-Dev savvy peoples) and perhaps you could train the spirit at the guild. For instance, skills that you would train for yourself would be things like Determination, Essence of True Ritual, Concentrated Casting, etc., and only three spells: Minor Possession, Possession, and Major Possession, a tiny spellbook of gradient possessions, you know. And then once you are possessed you can train your spirit at the guild. Determination would effect how well you do when the spirit inhabits your body, and if it's not high enough there is a strong chance that the spirit will push you out and take over. Whether or not the spirit admits it or not there will always be a struggle in your body when you are possessed, and the spirit will always be trying to take over.

One of the skills could be "Haunting", in which you haunt the room you are in, making the walls bleed, making the room darker, creepy noises, cold winds, etc., that would spook the mobs in the room, maybe lowering stats or something.

Once you get higher in levels maybe you could start to trust the spirit that is possessing you and actually leave your own body as a spirit yourself and enter a mob's to cause harm to it, again side-effects being that there is a chance that you could not re-enter your body.

What would *really* be cool is if when you left your body to enter a mob's you actually went into another area, sort of like the netherplane or the rift-world and different things you did in the area would effect the mob. And while you are in the area the mob is (obviously) trying to push you out of their body, and at the same time they are attacking your body (which the spirit possessing you is currently inhabiting), so if you don't train your possessing spirit then you could die while you are in the mob's soul-cavity (or whatever we would call the area). Maybe if this happens there would be some EXP-loss in addition to the normal EXP-loss you recieve from dying.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

negative side of dualism: picture 'Me myself and Irene' hope you have seen it. Basically an internal struggle with the spirit over who shall control the body. At some point the spirit migh get contol over you legs and run in directions that make no sense or at some point you both would lose contol over one hand and you would drop a weapon or if you dont do what the spirit tells you he migh not give you the bonuses you need at the moment where you need them the most. Picture a healer spirit inside you that has been healing you in battle all the time suddenly just stopping.
Praised be the god of fire, may he bless me and my dark brethren with the warmth, and save me from the light of hes holy flames.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Smuggler's Ring:

This guild idea could just as easily be turned into a nice area quest with multiple outcomes. I'm not sure what you would/could gain by making it a subguild.

Geneticists:

I don't find this as a guild idea that would be suitable for the fantasy medieval theme Icesus tries to stick with.

The Possessed:

The theme of having undead spirits and such is played out enough in it's current form on Icesus, I think. However, there's been little use of demons/angels and other fantasy "extraplanar" beings. Perhaps an idea about possession could revolve around that more successfully.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Geneticists: Might have some future if alchemist guild were made into a main guild and they would have ability to create homunculus servants for themselves (something like minions in earth priest but not exactly the same).

Smugglers: Could be part of some future rogue guild (there will be probably one whether you want or not :D) in form of guild quests/tasks or maybe even a small subguild.

and the Possessed a bit similar to planned demon thingies in priests of fire guild (my part, not zaltaiz's).