Object Handling

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

misrobo
Wizard

Object Handling

Post by misrobo »

It is a lesser known feature that there are categories of objects that can be used in object handling commands...
  • eq - all items worn or wielded
    noeq - everything else
    armours - all armours
    weapons - all weapons
    food - all food
    keep - all kept items (except eq)
    nokeep - all non-kept items (except eq)
I think it would be useful to add to these...
  • glow - all glowing items (except eq or kept)
    noglow - all non-glowing items (except eq or kept)
That way when you are standing in a mountain of gear from the latest orc apocalypse and there is a fabulous wood spear <green glow> staring at you, you can just "get glow" and avoid the tedious picking up of every wood spear until you get the one you want.

A more complicated feature that might be too nice would be for players with a merchant level...
  • most valuable - the most valuable item in the pile
    least valuable - item with the least value.
    best value - the item with the highest value for its mass+volume. Ok, thats a crude measure of looting value, but not far off.
    worst value - the other end of that measure.
felgand

Post by felgand »

I think the glow/non-glow addition would be very nice to have and a reasonable change as it's simply just a time-saver and would cut down on some of the more tedious aspects of gameplay.

As for the get most valuable/least valuable items go...that would be a nice addition for players who have trained appraise up to a reasonably high level (say 80%) as merchants are generally reknown for their sharp eye on the worth of items. Perhaps it could be coded as a special get command for the merchant guild where a player can get all items over/under certain increments of value (5k,10k,15k,20k,50k,100k, etc.). There would be a slight lag on this special guild command until the player maxes their appraise skill...in which case it would be instantaneous. Also, it might be a nice (though small) feature if appraise would be able to estimate the total combined value of all items in the room in one fell swoop.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

Oh yeah... sure would be nice if you could

Code: Select all

get all deep brown incense
Those little buggers are hard to tell from the normal brown at object handling time.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Object Handling

Post by janeti »

It would be nice if the current commands actually worked all the time too.

Get all money TO bag works, get all money FROM bag doesn't. Or is it the other way round?

Wear all material chitinium silk, I can't get to work. I may be getting the syntax wrong here because it is studded with fine steel, but I don't want to wear the fine steel stuff that isn't also chitinium silk.

On a more drastic level I'd like to be able to pick up 'scale boots' or 'copper spear' rather than keep adding number to boots or spear until I get the one I'm interested in. And maybe 'boots with glow' would also be nice but would be done with 'all glow' in a lot of cases. Usually I'd want it for picking the one glowy earring out of the bagful of non-glowies I'd made, so either would work. But there might be occasions when you have a large pile of stuff on the floor including several glowies and you only want one of them (don't ask me why you don't want ALL of them, maybe you're a mold man and can only carry the ring).
jarondar

Post by jarondar »

Never mind sorry.
grainer
Supporting Member 2015

Re: Object Handling

Post by grainer »

janeti wrote: Get all money TO bag works, get all money FROM bag doesn't. Or is it the other way round?
get all coins from bag
or
get mithril from bag
if you just want the real money ;)
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Object Handling

Post by janeti »

More trouble since 'get all coins' doesn't work on a single 'coin'