Own forum section for each of the guilds?

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

ndarr

Own forum section for each of the guilds?

Post by ndarr »

This is just an idea and I know that every guild has their own channel. But The guilds could have their own sections here in forums as well.. There would be the most crucial questions and answers etc.. I wouldn't however want the guilds own threads to be seen by other than guild members so maybe this is a bad idea after all... :D
huck
Wizard

Post by huck »

It would be very difficult to keep track with one particular guild forum, seeing as how reincarnations are very popular these days. So many conversations would likely become unfinished. Still it is an idea that could be looked into.
|I|C|E|S|U|S| my anti-drug
bork
Wizling

Post by bork »

Obviously hooking up player accounts to forum groups is a possibility. Like, if you're in a certain guild you get access to some guild board.

And if you reinc you -know- you won't be able to post on the 'old' board anymore so you better have your loose ends tied up before you reinc.

Personally I'm all for guild sections; 'protected' or not (as in opening all the guild sections to anyone would be a possibility.. you could like choose a guild if from something you read on the board.
"That's not a bug! That's a feature!" --
tanstai

Post by tanstai »

And with all the reinc'ing, is it worth the time to lock the various guild boards? I know I've been most of the guilds...lol

Tanstai
wield Life
You don't have a Life.
labinac

Post by labinac »

im curious as to how much guild information is secret anyways?

short of information sharing i cant really think of ways that guild things fall under the need to hide them from other guilds.... itd be neat to read posts ppl from other guilds have relating their guilds... it might give you more info when you try to choose what to do when you reinc... and might not have to bug as many ppl about the same questions over and over (or atleast as often.. posts will stay up longer than the last <channel> stuff) questions could be answered.. and the answers would be up for a while...

i really dont see the need to hide any info from others short of the info sharing rule... other than just guild connectedness and... "if we wanted you to know all about us we'd tell you all about us" :P

but yeh... i dont think thered be any more "loose" ends from frequent reincarnation than there are from questions ppl already ask on guild channels....and if you plan on reincarnation.... then tie up some loose ends :P

i think itd be neat to have guild boards on here...and if possible itd be neat if the guild leader was a moderator for the board (and of course wizzes/admin get overall moderator authority)

forums can really bring guildsmen together! lol (the beauty of communication) and who knows... maybe ppl wont reinc as much.. even tho reincing is cool and half the fun is trying something new out and learning the little "quirks" (i guess thats the best word for it...)

i suppose there are decent arguments for it either way :P

whatever yall have time for i guess lol... i know yall are plenty busy as-is (otherwise icesus wouldnt be as great as it is)

oh well. theres some thoughts on THAT. lol :P

lab
---------------------------------------
"The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, wich is why they invent mercy."
grainer
Supporting Member 2015

Post by grainer »

I like the idea of guild forums because when you join a guild for the first time you really don't know much about the guild, the obvious things you do, but much remains hidden. Thus a guild-specific forum could provide the answers to a newly reinced guildmember without flooding the channels.

I don't think it would be difficult to make those forums readable only when logged in and when logging in the server would check your guild-forums priviledges (ie. your guilds, main and if subs have any forums then them too) from the mud
labinac

Post by labinac »

yeh. ill have to agree with Grainer on that :)

lab
"The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, wich is why they invent mercy."
lemi

hrm

Post by lemi »

anything not readily available, to my knowledge, is not readily available for a reason. most of the questions newbies ask are easily findable through already existing help files.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
labinac

Post by labinac »

true enough.

forums could be ANOTHER resource tho.. like i said.. arguments could either way for it :P

lab