Wilderness Retreat

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Wilderness Retreat should be:

Learnable by doing.
38%
Learnable in the survival guild.
15%
Stay as it is, no change.
46%

Total votes: 52

drakken

Wilderness Retreat

Post by drakken »

I was thinking wilderness retreat could either be learnable by doing or trainable in the survival guild. What do you think?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

wilderness retreat

Post by solar »

I don't agree with you, because it's a skill that even rangers get to train in their last subguild. Well, should it be tuned in a manner you speak of, it should be trainable earlier in that guild... and to higher %.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

if all of the retreat skills, or most of them were learnable in the survival guild, then more of the weaker characters would get in the guild when they have to worry about what they get in the next level.
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

It could be learnable to a certain degree, like 20%. Or trainable from the survivals. But, the higher percentages should be left for the rangers.

And I almost understood what Khade meant with his post.
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

If i'm not wrong, shapeshifters get wilderness retreat too.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

there are days when i don't even know what i am trying to say. :(
Yes shapeshifters get wilderness retreat, and militia gets controlled retreat, what does the rangers get? wilderness retreat? how many types of retreating are there?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I personally think that to some level some sort of a retreat skill should be learnable by doing. Than again, i think a lot of skills that currently are not, should be learnable to a low level. Like bowery, fletchery, mixing etc. I even think that one should be able to get very low % of skills from people that one parties with. (Like when you party a LOT together with a mage, you will learn something about magic lore- enough to recognise if someone is casting- because you have seen your companion do it so MANY times.) So i see no reason why you shouldnt learns something about retreating, after getting your ass beat, say something like, 1000 times.

But, that is just my view on thing, and 'Icesus is Icesus'!
ayumi

Post by ayumi »

I disagree. Wilderness retreat becoming LBD is as silly as allowing rangers to use rural combat indoors. Why should all guilds fight well outdoors, and only select ones well indoors? It's bad enough that certain other guilds make better rangers than actual rangers already. :P
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Retreat

Post by janeti »

I don't think the Survivalists should teach it. They are more likely to teach you not to attack things that are too big for you. :)

But a new skill 'Retreat' or 'Retreat in Disarray' could be put in, learnable by doing but not as good as Wilderness or Controlled. Either only learnable to low level or with rapidly decreasing returns so that 20% is maybe 10 times as good as 1% and 100% is only 2 or 3 times as good as 20%. And if you make it ONLY learnable by doing I doubt many people are going to get a high skill in it.
suron

Post by suron »

Everything should be learnable by doing...

That include every single skill and spell in the game.
Even if there was 0.000001% chance of ever even accidentally learning that skill/spell, we should have the chance!

Yes, that would mean healers with fireballs and tanks with healing spells eventually (10+ rl years of gameplay with same character w/o reincs) but should someone want to do it, they should have that possibility.
dunn

Post by dunn »

I semi agree with Suron.

Everything in your main guild/subs should be learnable by doing..
Of course, not to the same efficiency as training, but the chance for bettering yourself over the course of much adventuring should be there. Perhaps as rare as getting a gain in bargaining when selling, but definately, for everything.

That doesn't mean you could necessarily learn things that your class prevents you from learning because you are essentially classed. This is a guild system, so no tanks with fireballs. :wink:
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Wilderness retreat is limited for several guilds only for a good reason and will stay so.

Locked the thread. Reason: Idea not implemented