paladin or new background

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

paladin or new background

Post by khade »

we could add a new guild vagely similar to the templar, paladins would be mounted defenders of the elemental shrines, or whatever those places where you can sacrifice things are called. they would have different skills depending on what element they worshiped and the highest sub-guilds would be at the elemental sanctuaries or whatever those places where the element is most powerful are called. alternetly, the background pilgrim would be an interesting one, you would start with more df then usual and have more endurance then other home backgrounds, and if you chose that one, the jobs you could take would be the ones that you could keep moving with, like hunter tracker caravan guard, things like that, with 2 new choices: wanderer(helps with str, dex and con with some bonuses in pathfinding and in epr) and seeker(helps with wis, int and cha with bonuses in some lore skills)
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Actually as far as i know templar is almost the same as paladin. Or was paladin just a high rank of templar? Anyway, Templars currently defend the city because there is a reason to defend it. If there was a reason for defending the elemental shrines, it would be cool to give the templars a new missions to defend it. However, it would be very nice, if a templar would once in a while be forced to take a journey to the main-shrine of hes element, to refrenshen hes ties with the god. Like a personal event. The some of the main shrines are quite close to Vaerlon, yet traveling to some of them might take a while- just like a real pilgrimage.

The dictianary says:

Pilgrimage: A journey to a sacred place or shrine, A long journey or search, especially one of exalted purpose or moral significance, a journey to a sacred place.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

And for the background 'pilgrim': It could be an alternative to the temple-acolyte background. As far as i know you have to be of a higher class and live in a city to be a temple-acolyte. You would not have to be of such a high birth to become a pilgrim. Pilgrims would get more epr , because of the long journeis that undertake, and some pray skill bonus too, for it is a sipiritual journey and the pray a lot along the way. However i think a slight negative effect should also be: such a long journey in harsh conditions is not so good for the body. As we know from history a lot of people died on pilgrimages from sicknesses and the lack of food.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Paladins

Post by solar »

Paladins have been discussed before and are not to appear in the game. At least according to Galiere.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

And there is already one guild in the coding thing..
Huck runs it, or atleast used to, and its called the water_priests..
Seen few things what they can do, and Huck even said they are kinda like paladins, when I compared water_priests to templars
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

paladins were similar to templar, in that they were a group of knights. that is all i know for sure.
moraq

Post by moraq »

Paladins would be (if coded somewhat like they are in fantasy books) like templars are and thus not really needed. However I would like that Graemor would have its own army-like guild too that someone would actually hang around there regularly. As it is earth_priests and sdancers go train/study to graemor but most of them just head back to areas near Valkor because there are many areas to choose from, which are full of exp.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

And for the lack of areas in Graemor, I´ve been doing a little side project on area creating to Graemor.. First going to fully write it before even thinking of coding it in ice dev (if I even pass) But still working on descs and secrets.. :p I just wish that few next areas would be created to Graemor, and possibly new upcoming guilds too, just to balance that Vaerlon centered playing/exping/idling. I´ve found a couple of areas in Graemor though, but they are too strong for soloing dancer, or two small. And not enough mobs there to make it a trip to there with bigger party. Anyways.. just my opinion. :shock:
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

As Solar said.

Locked the thread. Reason: Idea not implemented