Set Items

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

rotax

Set Items

Post by rotax »

I will admit, I stole this idead from Diablo, and I know most of you will disagree with the idea because you don't like diablo, but....

How about making items which, when worn together, increase their statistics a bit? Obviously you wouldnt want anything big, maybe just 2 or 3 item sets (we dont want to end up with 1 set of equipment being unarguably better then any other combination of items). You could also have race specific sets, like a 3 ring set for beholders.
moraq

Post by moraq »

The idea of twin weapons, working considerably better when used together is nice and I personally like it a lot. Icesus has pretty good set of eq at the moment, so the sets would not be greatly needed, but would indeed add some new spice to the eq-making and buying. Ofcourse that would also require a lot of coding as the monsters that hold those eq need to be coded and the eq itself!
I'm not commenting on the *cough*ripoff*cough* from Diablo ([{I used to play Diablo a lot in the past}])
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Set items have previously already existed in the past. There were two gloves that when intentified would merge and become one set of gloves. Unfortunatelly these items were lost in the great disaster of Teladan. However this prooves that set items are possible to create in icesus and that it is up to the area creators to design more of em. I believe that if many players agree that set items would be a nice thing, more coders would create them.

However one thing that i think would be cool: If set items would be found like random eq, not only on a certain monster. Also, it would be nice if one certain monster would not always have a certain set item, but have other random same level eq. To prevent the harvesting of sets.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

artic wrote:There were two gloves that when intentified would merge and become one set of gloves. Unfortunatelly these items were lost in the great disaster of Teladan.
Actually, the gloves you speak of were an eq from the magpie valley.

But the trouble with set eq is that they will be too powerful if they are not limited to few in number... and with few in the game, it will be too hard to collect enough of them to be called a 'set', since (as you mentioned) there would be players who would harvest sets for themselves - and keep them for themselves: no sharing, no selling, perhaps trading them only to uberstuff.

Perhaps a solution to the problem would be similar to old fighter gloves: When they are used together and thus work better, they would merge and could no longer be separated, but only worn as a set. (So, bplate and bracers would merge to a cuirass and so on.)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
brich

ahem

Post by brich »

Items that have bonuses in a complete/partial set are not only found in Diablo 2. I have found such in Warlords Battlecry 2&3 and them composed artifacts in Heroes of Might & Magic 3. Also a mighty nice Giantslayer Hammer made from 3 or 4 items in Baldurs Gate:Shadows of Amn ...
A kind of set (not much abuse yes): stealth/camouflage clothing/armoury that works only when complete(a "Shining Silver Crown" would spoil the thingie yes?).