Earth Priests ability to Unarm minions

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

katar

Earth Priests ability to Unarm minions

Post by katar »

I have one idea: I think necromancers needs ability to change undeads weapons and armours. That can be done by unarm command. BUT everything that undead uses, are so corrupted by powers of netherworld, so eq crumbles to dust when undead removes it. That won't break balance or anything, you are just able to upgrade your minions armour and weapons without creating a new undead..
Last edited by katar on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

We dont want high end earthpriests to run around doing huge amounts of damage when their graveborn wields an mithril twohanded sword or such items. That is why it is made the way it is now, and personally that is the way i think it should be.
moraq

Post by moraq »

I don't see any possibility for abuse if earth_priests would get to upgrade their minion's weapons&armour (as long as they lose it anyway) And for Yoz' comment on high-end epriests you can already give your mithril longsword to a minion and do huge amounts of damage but, as Katar mentioned, upgrading the eq would destroy the ones used before.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

wooppidoo, readed it wrong. my bad i withdraw myself.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I agree. Being able to destroy the weapons and armour of a minion wuld not upset the balance. I say 'destroy' because that what it basically means- to free the slots you destroy the eq in them. Any weapon you give to the minion is eventually lost anyway- no matter than if you lose it when your minion dies, or when boot comes, or when you order the minion to 'destroy' the weapon. In fact, it might even become a minus for the earth priests- the more equipment you give to your minion the more money you are throwing in the wind.

For high level earth priests this would mean little change. They already are capable of giving their minions quite powerful weapons (that they dont get back). This would be , however, a great thing for the newbie earth priests. It is them who give their minions only that which they can spare. They would equip the minion with whatever they find, until they find something better. High level earth priests just go to their locker, get a 'mighty blade' give it to the minion and than go harvest another 3 'mighty blades'.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Locked the thread. Reason: Idea implemented and Katar rewarded.