Quivers, arrows and other silly things

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

thakkrad
Supporting Member 2012

Quivers, arrows and other silly things

Post by thakkrad »

Just a simple idea, since quivers are rather large, and only a few can be stored even in a large locker, why not make it possible to
store them in racks - or perhaps make a new racktype for them?
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

And how many players have houses?
Beyond good..
rixa

Post by rixa »

Well it was idea :). I have house but I dont have quivers... Maybe I should sell my house and buy Quivers.

On the other hand someone could code new lockerroom for quivers and bows only.
yzuepd

Post by yzuepd »

okay, i realize this is a bit off topic for this thread...
but from the desc of quivers, i've always thought you should be able to wear them..and it'd be a nice feature to have...
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

I agree with wearing quiver adn offtopic :) But wouldn't wearable quivers require new 'shoulder' slot to be coded?
Beyond good..
yzuepd

Post by yzuepd »

perhaps, one mud i've worked on had it set up so all you did
was specify the slot, and it worked, wether the slot existed
before or not...but i don't know how it works here...
labinac

Post by labinac »

well... i always thought you should wear quivers too... and you could have like an outdoors company (almost like a camping equip store) and they could outfit you for wildnerness adventure (altho it might not be the ideal idea for Icesus... given its theme and the way it plays) but yeh... it could be lockerooms for outdoorsy stuff like quivers/bows/fishing eq or whatever.... then again... you could have 1 or 2 "back" slots.. where you could wear a quiver.. or a sack/backpack type things...

not sure if the outdoors focused lockerroom was a great idea but.. oh well... i agree with the quiver racks/lockers atleast lol... and also with being able to wear quivers (maybe they could attach to your belt... there are quivers like that...)
(but also offtopic.. im sure once you allowed them to attach quivers to a belt then ppl would be wanting scabbards and sheathes and such...so... yeh..)

lab
---------------------------------------
"The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, wich is why they invent mercy."
maruxus
Wizard

Post by maruxus »

*shrug* nothing wrong with a good sheath, just takes time to decide whether or not to implement stuff like this and then code it, especially with so much more important going on
lemi

hrm

Post by lemi »

maybe make them attachable to belts, rather than slots. sheaths, that is. with quivers, attachable to torso eq.

>look lemi

He is wearing a blah on his blah slot.
He is wearing a blah on his blah slot.
He is wearing a massive pair of black leathery wings covered in drool (dark) on his cloak slot.
He is also wearing a quiver, a sheath, and a large rucksack.

*Lemi tries to look innocent.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

The other side of this wearable quiver thingy, is that it's one more step towards realism. And with time that would prevent us from carrying dozens of items in our invenory, force us to have bakcpacks and pockets(pockets would turn invenory managment into hell, get knife form right pants pocket, eww), and organizing skills. Of course we're not that realistic yet, and nobody says wi will be, but with every tiny step...

Wizard

Post by maruxus »

I'm pretty sure we'd stop around the point where every begins to say "That's annoying" instead of "cool, this is realistic"
labinac

Post by labinac »

ive played a MUD with pockets and packbacks before :D

i HAVE often wondered how you can do small skills that require craftmanship and the use of a dagger or knife WHILE holding two weapons :P but i always like to keep in mind that the beauty of MUDs and FANTASY realms.. is that they are that. Fantasy. Not Real. if MUDs were "complete reality" then theyd suck just as much as the hard cold face reality lol.. and of course im sure this ties back into that conversation on simulation and reality :P

not to say that "realistic" things arent cool.. but when you try to go to extremes on being realistic it DOES get annoying lol

lab
"The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, wich is why they invent mercy."
labinac

Post by labinac »

also wanted to add....

i see nothing wrong with wearing sacks or quivers or what component pouches or what have you... but it WOULD be silly to see someone wearing like 3 or 4 backpacks.... and pockets arent really that bad as long as its one pocker per article of clothing... and for the most part the MUD i played with pockets and whatnot didnt have pockets in EVERY pair of pants... there was a few peices of eq that you could store crap in them (other than backpacks and sacks) (stealthily or not...)

ok thats all for now :)

lab
lemi

hrm

Post by lemi »

i'd like to see some eq-specific emotes. kind of like guild items have those infecti_cmd, etc., commands. like that wings thing in that other post.

*Lemi laces and ties his boots.
*Lemi loosens his belt.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
labinac

Post by labinac »

offtopic but. id like to see some maybe "optional" guild eq for some subguilds lol.. possibly with commands.. just a random idea tho...

lab