Ability to garden?

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

rotax

Ability to garden?

Post by rotax »

What if there were a skill called gardening, in which you were able to plant seeds (would be available at the general store) and grow different kinds of plants. It should probably take about a month of in game time for your garden to grow, and the higher your skill, the better your yield (more plants/seed). This would be nice for people who make poisons and other chemicals (I don't remember that skill name off the top of my head... alchemy?), plus you could grow food for yourself.

You could go back to the garden every few days and fix it up, increasing the overall yield (and maybe have a small chance at getting better at the skill). I just think it would add a nice depth to the game, much like fishing, although I don't see any reason to give exp for it.
moraq

Post by moraq »

I've heard some rumours of someone planning something, that also contains similar features! So kick Menaechus for it if you see him online :wink:
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

The climate of Icesus is rather hostile towards plantlife. I think if you manage to grow something, the inns would be very interested in buying it off your hands. Maybe.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

I wouldnt say that the wether is hostile.. more like the reboots are. :idea:
hamelthor
Supporting Member 2006

Post by hamelthor »

would there be a way to make the garden private, so other players dont steal the crops?