fire building..

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

Also adding ow mobs ability to track to nearby campfire, either going towards light, or the smoke(could be abused tough) and adding options for building hidden fire, and one that makes no/little smoke..?
P.S. Did that make any sense?
Beyond good..
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Actually a good idea. Hungry bears culd assoult the camping place if you fill the firest with sweet smells of cooking meat and angry revenant could shamble into campingplaces aswell.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Eh, usually fires keep animals away.
rotax

Post by rotax »

from my understanding, magical campfires dont release smoke (unless I'm mistaken)
chaosis

Post by chaosis »

Fires keep animals back, not away. Lots of stories are told of campers hudding in the night, listening to the sounds of circling <insert name of vicious canivorous animal here>.
By lighting a fire, you could use it to lure mobs to you, any mob being within five rooms? would be biased when moving to go towards the fire, but not actually enter the same room as the fire. Unless the camper is cooking some really spicy food, because nothing could keep anything away from spicy food :twisted: .
Nonmobile mobs would not however be affected. And non animal mobs would be able to enter the same room. After all, a fire gives away your position, if you dont believe me just watch LOTR, those hobbits let their bellies get the best of them. :P
aralus

Post by aralus »

Isn't Icesus realistic enough as it is? At least we can currently regen without fearing a rampaging grizzly bear or lesser beholder or whatever attacking the meditating airpriest and mage and sleeping tanks, heck a lot of people go afk when regenning, giving them a break of sorts from the total immersion inherent to muds.
iluth

Post by iluth »

Zombie runs would be much more interesting (read abusable) if i could lure stuff to me rather than searching for it.
chaosis

Post by chaosis »

How about if you could add something to the fire which would give it its alluring qualities. Like add boughs of heather to cause thick black smoke to rise up into the sky, thats always an easy way to send the message 'Hey! I'm over here, come and eat me!'
I'm not as familiar with the code base,(btw, which is it?) but I know in ROM, you could very easily write a prog that when an object was used with another object, an area affect would be made. That way, ya'll regeners, too scared of some hermit hiding in the woods to man up and make thick clouds of black smoke can sleep in peace. :o
If I had a pound of cheese, I'd have 16 oz. of proccessed dairy.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

Although, for example, if you go idle at sc camp, sometimes a manticore or two might pop there :p or if you use the same camping place while hunting, and you run there quite often with long hunting runs, it´s not a weird thing that something might come there, or just pop... especially ow night thingies :/
dunn

Post by dunn »

Our newbies will now not only bleed to death, but incinerate as well. Cute.
chaosis

Post by chaosis »

Aside from being very confused and afraid because of what Yoz said, which was both unintelligible, and disturbing, I still had a new idea. Wouldnt be nice if we could go around collecting wood, and add it to a fire, thus making the fire hotter, and more healing/restoring?
A fire could still be built without a need for having wood in the inventory, but by adding it, the fire would be made better.
If I had a pound of cheese, I'd have 16 oz. of proccessed dairy.