fire building..

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

felgand

Post by felgand »

Then again, fires should probably be extinguished if there's excessive rain or precipitation in the area at the time. :P
rotax

Post by rotax »

Maybe mages should be able to extinguish forest fires using an area spell, and get a little bit of exp for it (much like an air priest would get exp for curing food poisoning or purging plagues)
tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

I'll look into your suggestions, fumbles are always nice to have around for amusement :)
"Just a newbie-friendly, mostly idle but still area-coding wiz from old days"

tumi@icesus.org
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Also it would be nce, if you could light a fire from a burning torch. And if you use a nether torch, it would become a nether fire, same as with the mage spell.
dunn

Post by dunn »

Aye, never leave camp fires unattended: Camping rule #1.
shyress
Supporting Member 2005

Post by shyress »

You guys are retarded to even suggest something like that! It´ll be very fun to go regen after a monster with 5hp, and die trying to make a fire.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Got a general error with my previous subject text

Post by solar »

shyress wrote:You guys are retarded to even suggest something like that! It´ll be very fun to go regen after a monster with 5hp, and die trying to make a fire.
A clever man always has a contingency plan: Speed up your regen by making the fire _before_ hurting yourself. >:)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
rotax

Post by rotax »

If there is a chance a fire starts a forest fire, I'm going to go around lighting fire after fire untill icesus burns to the ground..... and then try to catch a plague.
shyress
Supporting Member 2005

Post by shyress »

hurting yourself making a fireplace can be compared to hurting yourself when taking a piss..Not really possible, exept you are dumb/drunk/child.
suron

Post by suron »

Yeah and if you pis...make a fire on your neighbors yard you might get mugged as well...so fire building should be more dangerous!
rotax

Post by rotax »

shyress wrote:hurting yourself making a fireplace can be compared to hurting yourself when taking a piss..Not really possible, exept you are dumb/drunk/child.
I dont think the problem should be hurting yourself making a fire, I think the problem should be leaving a fire unattended..... an unattended fire can be extremely dangerous.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

You build asircle of stones and collect some try firewood. Now you try to light the firewood with your flint and steel. Oh dear! In you low skill of camping you have choosen a very bad place for the fireplace and all of the dry grass around you catshes flame in a matter of second. You get burned really bad, but thts not really the problesm- cause the fire is spreading fast!

You are sitting tight in your stalking place, suddenly you hear a loud crack behind you. Maybe its a big animal?! You turn around and see a faint glow in the forest, but no animal. You continue hunting. Sudenly a deer runs past you! So fast you couldnt even ready you spear. Then you spot two bunnies running past you- before you can decide which one to hit, the are gone. You start to sweat! Already missed two perfect opprtunities... Man its hot today! Suddenly you feel a light tingling in you rear and smell a fains wift of burning. What might that be?

Heres some sound advice for you:
'Drop and Roll!'
asventral
Supporting Member 2007

Post by asventral »

I think there could be some 'quality' added to fireplace, like for camps. A good campfire shouldn't extinguish as fast as a bad one (could be considered as wood selection, and location).
On the other hand, a well made campfire could help you regen faster ... bringing more warmth, ...
This could be the base for a new skill 'fire building ?'