Tiers.

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

dunn

Tiers.

Post by dunn »

This originally started in the general forum but I thought it should be put in the Ideas forum under its own thread.

Should the exp cap be coded away towards something new?

I've gotten the idea that once a player has reached max regular exp, they could go into "tier" mode, where it would start at 1 and calculate from there any new exp until they get to the next tier(level).

Obviously, this is just a framework for something else that could be implemented to make use of a tier system. If exp goes into a variable on a player, I think an efficient coding option would be to pipe it to a new one and increment a tier variable once that has been reached.

This could at least be used to show off how much total worth a player has gathered, without having it unbalance the game. Sriel shouldn't have to fall behind in exp totals just because he's reached a cap.

At least the plaque could reflect that. (Tier 1) Being after regular exp cap has been reached.. And so on.

Exp suffeli!
rotax

Post by rotax »

I think if we implement a tier system, then the exp cap should be lowered by quite a bit and have several tiers.

You could also have different caps for different tiers. For example, 10m cap for tier one, then 20m more for tier 2, etc.
dunn

Post by dunn »

Rotax, with that system we would have exactly what we have now, except with a higher exp cap since tiers like that would also cap out. :)

1 tier per 2.4b :P