Mana well..

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

dunn

Mana well..

Post by dunn »

This spell is almost useless for mages..

I think if it did a mana heal it might be more useful. If new areas of your mind are opening, they won't be empty, hopefully :P

Might give solo and partying mages a bit more resources to work with at the expense of casting a tiny little spell.

By the time you heal up to the new sp max you've already wasted 1/4 of its potency. For guilds that have a low sp max and can make use of the boost, anyhow.

I think the type of the spell can be compared to mental confidence (psi), so it should come with a mana heal.
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Re: Mana well..

Post by kraven »

dunn wrote:This spell is almost useless for mages..

I think if it did a mana heal it might be more useful. If new areas of your mind are opening, they won't be empty, hopefully :P

Might give solo and partying mages a bit more resources to work with at the expense of casting a tiny little spell.

By the time you heal up to the new sp max you've already wasted 1/4 of its potency. For guilds that have a low sp max and can make use of the boost, anyhow.

I think the type of the spell can be compared to mental confidence (psi), so it should come with a mana heal.
first...mental confidence increases your skills not anything else,its unfold mind u are talking about...second unfold mind makes ur sanity go BOOOM!...i played 160 days with psi and noticed that unfold mind is useless too..yeah.increase regen but instead losing 3% psimax in one run..i lost 5% psimax..
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I thik mana well is useless. I have not played mage for a very long time, but when i did, i could not use it at all. It increased max mana, however by the time i regenned to that max, the spell as half way expired (if not totally expired- depending of spr eq and surroundings). So, sure, If a high level player casts this and puts on hes regen eq set, than maybe it makes sense. But definatelly not for low level mages and the spell is gained at low level.

And for using it on other guilds. People will curse at you. If you cast this at them. they will be in mental weakness almost right away and they ,for certain, wont get full mana regen while this spell has not yet expired.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Mana well is the best!

But it only has one purpose: To boost up preceptor-templars' spmax upto 1,5+ times its normal - this way their chromatic barriers are able to dish out AWESOME amount of DELAYED BALLS OF X, giving a party of three (preceptor,mage and a healer) the same xp rate as party of 3 midbie-highbie shifters and 1 healer.

Not all spells are supposed the help the caster directly - some may be quite effective when cast on party members!
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

would be fine to have more spells/skills affecting (or only usefull casting on) party members.
would probably decrease the amount of soloing people if there where be more like symbiosis (hope thats the right word to use :D) skills/spells in the game.
perhaps then there would be more *perfect* party combinations like tank-blaster-healer.

just an idea of someone who finally reinced to melee cause its hard to find a party if your not somekind of melee/healer/blaster type.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Mana well isn't meant to boost mage's own powers that much but it helps a lot for party members with low sp max but still need for sp.

Locked the thread. Reason: Working as intended