Teamwork?

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

artic
Supporting Member 2005

Teamwork?

Post by artic »

Why is there no teamwork for things like camping, pry, drag, etc.?

Like why can one (with the highes skill) direct the party members how to build a camp. Wouldn't it be a lot faster, if one cleared the area, one looked for firewood, one for materials for the shelter etc?
The camp would suffer a slight quality penalty (best skill - avg(helper skills)/constant). And all could have chance to learn skill.

Pry- I stick my spear here and bend it this way and you stick your spear next to it and bend that way.! Should that apply dowble power on the pryable item? Ok, maybe some items are too small to be pryed by more than 1 person and maybe one pryer should suffer a slight negative power bonus, because he does not have the best pry position, but that would still yeald more force than a single person pry!
-In battle, Tank faints at the sight of blood.-
Caster_1[party] God damn it, tank! your too heavy for me to drag you out.
Caster_2[party] yeah, same here. Can't even move your Fat A**.
-Tank Dies-
Tank[party] Hmm, i feel a diet is in order.

Why cant 2 or more people combine their force to dragging an object? Not really hard to do 'drag corpse with caster_2 and caster_3'. Caster_2 and caster_3 will help dragging and if they didnt like to help, they can settle the matter later in a rain fireballs. Prolly not good idea to try to drag with non-partymembers, but a party should be able to work together.

Yes, im aware that some of these things would upset the game balance a bit. Some doors that you now have to pry 50 times could now be pryed in a single try. That sure would be the end of the world, wouldnt it?