Merchant's council/ruling body

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

zaec

Post by zaec »

The tax system sounds quite good. We really need more methods to get money away from players. Once you have trained all the skill-exp you need, you don't really need money for anything and then you can just start gathering it to yourself. That's why more and more players nowadays are starting to have quite fat bank accounts. Trading items and selling them among players don't really solve the problem to Icesus's non-existent economy. In my opinion the money should eventually get out from the game in order to keep a decent economy in the game. But who player would wants his money to disappear to some feature, i guess not too many...

luckily this is not a discussion on what the player wants! :twisted:
dunn

Post by dunn »

You don't need money for anything after you've trained all your skill exp..

Quite the contrary - you always need a TON of money if you're going to reinc because the cost of retraining all that guild exp is very high, and higher the more exp you made in your previous guild.

And without that, the game gets very dull and becomes not very interesting or fun.

And that's really what money is used for, it's secondary to exp.

That's why mithril will always have a value. Nothing wrong with having a huge bank account, especially if you have high exp. Because it WILL run out in re-training.
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

dunn wrote:You don't need money for anything after you've trained all your skill exp..

Quite the contrary - you always need a TON of money if you're going to reinc because the cost of retraining all that guild exp is very high, and higher the more exp you made in your previous guild.

And without that, the game gets very dull and becomes not very interesting or fun.

And that's really what money is used for, it's secondary to exp.

That's why mithril will always have a value. Nothing wrong with having a huge bank account, especially if you have high exp. Because it WILL run out in re-training.
True, money burns fast when reincing..not. Only if you are training away level exp. Now resizeing is another matter of course, losing 25mil for resizing your def set is quite an impact :D Anyway, only Thakkrad and Mila have "too" much money.
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
dunn

Post by dunn »

Yes, when training level exp :) I called it retraining..

Yes, I forgot the resize costs :o
Those are very high as well... From my experience money stits nice and dandy for you to train with, and it gets a little clean up each reinc.

Players who don't reinc very often :wink:
iluth

Post by iluth »

echcua wrote:As my main interest in Icesus coding is mainly the non-hack & slash areas eg. economy, mining, etc etc. I would really would like to know what areas need to be improved. I have my own opinion of course but I would love more input. As I see it this is the economy as it stands.
It's great that you'd like to code non hack and slash things for icesus, there is a long list of things in these forums which are suggested purely for fun and wont positively or negatively effect the economy. You also see some things asked about or suggested over and over on guild channels which are just never implemented because wizards don't have the time to code them.

As a player it can seem like all we see is new tunes designed to rob us of our hard earned exp/cash/weapons and it can get a little bit discouraging ;) especially so for new players, or casual players as felgand pointed out. For casual players there's already enough to worry about. Thinking about lockers stables and finding a login point, why bother with all these hassles when you could just go play at easymud.com (or whatever)