battle verbosity

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

arae
Supporting Member 2005

battle verbosity

Post by arae »

Those offie-parties are such a spam..

Would be cool if there were battle verbosity that shows only critical melee hits.. And skills and spells of course.
dunn

Post by dunn »

would be cool if there was a lite option to highlight monster hits from party member spam.
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

"battle -v silent" only shows skills and some other stuff. filters normal critical melee hits tough afaik. it's good enough for my mageling
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Re: Moo

Post by apog »

etadan wrote:"battle -v silent" only shows skills and some other stuff. filters normal critical melee hits tough afaik. it's good enough for my mageling
It was hard for me as a healer in large parties. I've got a 29 line screen. With 1 psionicist (3 or 4 line spell descriptions), 1 mage (2 line spell descriptions), 3 melees (2-3 line special abilities {melee massacre, strike, blow of justice, whirling blades, chromatic barrer - every single time it goes off}), mon party output for everyone (hp/sp/ep status and spell countdowns), then on top of that I've got to do a party status and choose a target before the status scrolls off the screen. It can get overwhelming. I finally created a lot of gag triggers and then some highlights for my party status.

A while back I suggested, a couple times, that battle -v silent be just *your* skills and spells or that a battle -v isolation (or something like that) be created that only showed your skills and spells. I never heard any answer to it.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Partying

Post by janeti »

I don't know if it will help but I use a load of client side stuff to gag all the channel stuff to another window, and then all party chat to another seperate window. Assuming your client supports it, you could copy everything you want to see to another window, status, party chat, people leaving the room, whatever. It will probably require a lot of triggers, but it will make the information much clearer, and still leave the other stuff available for viewing if you need to.