Underground

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

dunn

Post by dunn »

That's a great idea, but hard to implement, I would think.

We could have Drizzit's Underdark in there!!!!! Who's with me! Galiere!
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Re: Underground

Post by kraven »

allanon wrote:So let's see, we have the huge outworld. Soon (or maybe now, for all I know) we will have the huge sky above the outworld. What's missing?
The huge underground beneath the outworld, of course. :wink: Call it the Underworld, perhaps...
It sounds silly, sure, but think about it; the only places we get "underground" is through areas. It would open up a whole new area of exploration...
In certain randomly picked rooms in the outworld, a "hole" or "crevice" of sorts could be made, leading down...From there, the map changes to the underground map.
Underworld mobiles could consist of such things as giant moles, titanic earthworms, perhaps some mutated ants as well...Lots of possibilities! Also, lots of space for new underground areas, like buried civilizations/ruins and such...
Feedback appreciated and welcome.

yeah i would like to find menzoberanzan down there and kick some lolth worshippers ass!...
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i don't think we should have the UnderDark, much too used, but a massive underground area would be cool, and maybe there could be a dangerous straight path from graemor and vaerlon in there, easy for things that see in the dark to find, but hard in the light. and an underground lake, big!!
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

What if it were huge, dangerous, no teleport, and you could make a camp that was safe to "leave game" when you couldn't get out before the boot?

You could be lost down there for days.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Parts of the underground could really be made into great lairs for underground races. I personally would like to see a constant was area between the derros and dwarves- fighting over some rich mines.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

down below

Post by solar »

Make the entrances hidden (not visible in maps). Sure, once you get underground, you can wander and wander, survive amidst the dangerous creatures that dwell there, but then you see light at the end of the tunnel... And find yourself in the northeastern corner of the valley, even though the entrance you used was somewhere where the Magpie valley used to be.

The majority of the creatures there should be suitable for midbie-highbie players... Perhaps it could be as creature-rich as Teladan tunnels used to be!

And a minimap of sorts, please.

Having the whole underground a no-teleport zone is kinda extreme... perhaps some rooms there might be teleportable-from, but not accessible from elsewhere via teleportation/rifts?

If possible, add up/down exits to the rooms, too.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
dyaros

Post by dyaros »

This is accually not a bad idea. Unfortunately wizzes and other coders have their hands full for months to come. This means that it might be impossible to ever archieve a project as massive as the underworld would require. Sorry to dissappoint.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

No Underdark for you, thanks.
rotax

Post by rotax »

Unless I take my programming expertise to Icesus and start coding things..... I would, but me free time is kind of random. But if people want to be patient with me, I'll give it a shot. *Rotax runs off to read the howto files*