Do we want pokerroom ?

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Do we want pokerroom in Icesus

Poll ended at Sun Aug 14, 2005 07:29 am

Hell Yeah! Ice Vegas, here I come.
70%
No more gambling, besides, I already lost my money in blackjack
9%
Poker ? You mean the thing you shuffle the coal with ?
20%

Total votes: 54

cezar
Supporting Member 2010

Do we want pokerroom ?

Post by cezar »

According to Idles, we already have enough ways to rape the same monsters, and admins want to develop more fun things to do other than combat. I think some people would want (I would, for one) play some poker with icesus money, it quickly gets boring to just lose your money in blackjack.
arae
Supporting Member 2005

aye

Post by arae »

me want poker.

pot-limit rules pls
rotax

Post by rotax »

As long as you get the rules right this time, I'm all for a poker room. I made a cool card dealing program using perl, if anyone wants it. It only deals to one person at the moment, but you can specify any number of cards on the command line. It then tells your your best hand out of the cards. It would need a little modifying for multi player poker, but its a greats start. The program is bug free (unless you specify more then 52 cards, which I didnt both fixing in case I ever needed to tie up a processor :p )
dunn

Post by dunn »

Don't we already have a poker room? I remember playing with a friend, but there was nothing you could actually gamble vs the game.
cezar
Supporting Member 2010

Post by cezar »

If there is one, it is damn well hidden. The topic been up for a few days, and nobody told me stfu dumb noob.
As to not being able to gamble against the house, that's perfectly fine with me, poker isn't supposed to be a house game.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

Assuming there were going to be a poker room, it might only have one game with one set of rules.

What game and rules would that be?
dunn

Post by dunn »

Well, if there isn't one anymore it's probably gone with the old stuff/areas..

Texas Hold'em?

http://www.online-poker-winner.com/texa ... rules.html

This is the most popular one shown in tournaments.
dunn

Post by dunn »

Yep, we had a poker room.. help poker :)
juhgu

Post by juhgu »

We already have mithril lotto, roulette, keno and blackjack, so IMO we don't need more of those. A way to gamble with (against) other players might be fun, however.
cezar
Supporting Member 2010

House game

Post by cezar »

Had a conversation with Misrobo awhile ago, and that seems to be where we have a disagreement. Blackjack is a house game, Poker is not. When I started the thread, I never meant it to be a way to play against "icesus", in the same way we play lotto.

I looked through help poker, don't know if the game still exists, or is the Inn gone with the Teladan disaster. Either way I am not very interested in draw poker, especially with the strange rule that Ace counts for high only.
It would be great if we had a Hold'em or Omaha game with player selectable stakes/betting structure. And yes, done by a person who really knows the rules. I hinted to Idles that it might be me, but he either ignored it or put on the back burner.
stalker
Wizard

Re: House game

Post by stalker »

cezar wrote:Had a conversation with Misrobo awhile ago, and that seems to be where we have a disagreement. Blackjack is a house game, Poker is not. When I started the thread, I never meant it to be a way to play against "icesus", in the same way we play lotto.

I looked through help poker, don't know if the game still exists, or is the Inn gone with the Teladan disaster. Either way I am not very interested in draw poker, especially with the strange rule that Ace counts for high only.
It would be great if we had a Hold'em or Omaha game with player selectable stakes/betting structure. And yes, done by a person who really knows the rules. I hinted to Idles that it might be me, but he either ignored it or put on the back burner.
I'd reckon if you'd code the pokerroom in ice-dev there'd be no objections in adding it to the game, quite the contrary..
Stalker
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

The last poker was removed due to massive money abusing.
But I'm fairly sure the code should still be in Icesus. The poker room was located in the Stag of Erwast wayhouse, aka Warlem area. Created by Cantil.
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
beral

Post by beral »

Yeah, well I am supporting a player vs player poker rooms.
Texas Hold'em is THE GAME, for this kind of stuff.. but you need to make all three modes for the game. That is because noobs / poor / ppl like me cannot play with "no cap" rules against someone like.. the ppl with lots of money.

but hey, I am in. I do love the poker idea.