Taxation, fees and other ways to get rid of money

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

To stop inflation in Icesus, would you be ready to be taxed and having fees on some everyday duties?

Ofcourse! Anything for Icesu!
19%
Hmm... Yes, if the sums aren't ridicilously high
22%
I like the way it is now, even if it means that money inflation increases
28%
We should be looking for ideas to get more money, not less!
31%

Total votes: 36

zaec

Post by zaec »

cezar wrote: What is money anyway ? Exp - well, that a goal. Df is a resource. Equipment - means of production, but that falls in resource category as well. Where does money stand ? For newbs it is definitely a resource. But there are many others for whom it a statement of dicksize. Yes, in my childish naivity I continue to believe that no matter how hard you tweak money production/taxation, making it a resource is the answer.
Well, money already is a resource. If you get a glow item, you can decide to sack it or sell it for cash. If you have cash, you can also decide to buy df with it.

But with all these ideas we must find some compromises for the common good. Why not make the money a resource AND make the incomes more stable? As i said, the issue is complicated and if the economy is to be fixed, it needs many changes.
zaec

Post by zaec »

apex wrote:Ok! It's been too long since Apex has made a player-run-clan plug..so.... here it is!!!!
-clip-
try to keep this thread for discussion about the economy, that idea is more related to player interaction than fixing the economy.
dunn

Post by dunn »

To make the income "stable" is to "destabilize" it.

I agree with Cezar, money should be a resource and there ought to be more things to invest this resource in other than DF. Key word is invest, not leeching the crap out of players without adding any ounce of a) interest or b) play value to the game.

Zaec, are you and I playing the same game?

What you are proposing would make Icesus completely one dimensional - exp/hoard cash in one guild, never try new combinations, etc. Lord forbid you have "savings" for such a gameplay option. Then you must be milked to crap by the system.

And secondly, like DF, it should be OPTIONAL. DF gives players an advantage at the cost of upkeeping it in game. Cash could give the same option for higher characters once an actual RAW RESOURCE economy was introduced. Otherwise, it MUST remain the second fiddle to exp gathering. Because that is what Icesus is, right now. And that's what cash DOES. Trading cash for eqs goes between that.

But most important of all, since Icesus HAS NO ACTUAL ECONOMY, other than an exp economy, this topic is as mute as SRIEL HAS TOO MUCH EXP.

Myth.

As Zohlor has said, only a few players have "too much money". The rest are almost always poor, because they actually use that surplus to try new game combinations. Even if they don't re-train a large amount of that, it will be hefty in the ridiculous prices already in game for resizes and basic eq orders, essential for any front row guild or for solo.

Please, just stop. Be CONSTRUCTIVE, not destructive. All we would need, is more pipelines, to more gameplay elements, which again would be optional.

Don't waltz in here, trying to hack away at people's hard work. You will lose a lot of interest that way. Including mine.

Yes, that cash people have lying around, did not grow on trees.
And there is ALWAYS a chance it could run out, for 99% of players. You don't need to attack the top 1% that have put more effort in, than probably all the rest combined.
zaec

Post by zaec »

dunn wrote: I don't actually have any real ideas and I just criticize something that I have no useful things to say about.
felgand

Post by felgand »

If you could kindly reference as to which post Dunn stated that, it would be much appreciated as a quick search through all of his posts on this thread do not show up any such statement by Dunn.
zaec

Post by zaec »

felgand wrote:If you could kindly reference as to which post Dunn stated that, it would be much appreciated as a quick search through all of his posts on this thread do not show up any such statement by Dunn.
you missed my tired night-time sarcasm.