Air priests!

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you like Pepsi or Coke?

Pepsi
19%
Coke
41%
H20!!!!
27%
I filter my own urine... I love you Kevin Costner...
14%

Total votes: 37

apex

Air priests!

Post by apex »

I know it's just like a newb to go to a guild and then make suggestions for it's betterment, but I think it's a cool idea anyway...
everyone seems to be saying Airpriests need a revamp anywho, right?

Perhaps an offensive spell that channels some of the hp's taken back into party members. Obviously it woudln't have the same effect as healing, but would still heal up party members by 2 hps or so per hit (max, i'd say) depending on off ability and masteries, skills so on... Good followers of fury spell to make them more party-worthy, and it would fit well with the guild methinks. needless to say it would be good to not be an easily obtainable spell...
dunn

Post by dunn »

That sounds vampiric - not something an air priest would use. :)
apex

Post by apex »

If airpriests use "fury" spells, they're not completely benign, are they? or perhaps maybe just an area spell that heals party members and does damage to non-party members.. something to make a blasting a-priest a little more happy:)
dunn

Post by dunn »

Channeling enemy health into party member health is vampiric.. and would be suited for a different guild.

An area spell that provides healing and damages enemies could, however fit their fury repertoire. But it would require some creative thinking.
felgand

Post by felgand »

Air priests don't really need more power...they already occupy a crucial niche in most parties already. However, what would be interesting is for them to be more fleshed out and vivid beyond the normal "bread 'n butter" healing. Here's some suggestions:
  • Allow high level/mastery air priests a pretitle that is comensurate with their ability in the guild.

A quest chain or several miniquests that could give guild-only benefits. This, in particular, does not have to involve mindless killing of monster X.

More utility spells that have decent situational use...some form of a personal transportation spell would do nicely here. In addition, cheap skills and abilities focused purely on nice rp with little or no practical use would be good here.

An improvement in soloing for lower level air priests (< 30m total worth) that doesn't force them to completely disregard being good at party healing to accomplish.

In closing, I think Dunn has a good point in arguing against vampiric type spells for air priests. Earth priests already have a similar spell that does damage to their target and drains health into themselves and it wouldn't make sense for opposing element priests to have the same ability.
apex

Post by apex »

agreed, I concede to the vampiric qualm, but yes, as much as I enjoy healing, I'd really like just MORE to do as an airpriest... (cast <healing spell> at <player>) seeming tobe the only thing that we do nowadays
torvus

Post by torvus »

I really can't help much on this subject except to say to Apex.
If you're tired of healing players, you could always heal the mobs the players are attacking :twisted:
apex

Post by apex »

not really tired of healing at all-> and last i checked, you coudln't heal mobs.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

you can heal them, but i think it doesn't do as much good.