Skinning / leatherworking

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

beral

Skinning / leatherworking

Post by beral »

I sometimes use the skill "Leatherworking" and with my skinning skill %, I get big skins from enemies like Moose, Bear, etc.

So IF I do an earring from the goddamed bear skin, my char uses it up, totally. So how bout if you could use a large skin to do multiple earrings, few at time or use the same skin few times.

I do not know how big thing it is to code that way, but it would be kinda cool, and eaven realistic.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

perhaps that earring was pretty large?
apex

Post by apex »

or perhaps you're just a terribly inefficient person.. and you say "hey i want to make an earring" and cut it out of the middle of a skin, ruining the whole skin except for the earring! yay!
echcua
Wizard

Post by echcua »

When you skin a large animal such as a moose, you have a chance of gaining multiple skins. Hence you are able to get multiple objects from this. To do differently, eg. your suggestion, would just inflate what is already an overinflated market. 8)
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

As far as i can see, leatherworking is quite random. I have been successful at making glowing earrings at 0% skill, whereas at 50+% skill i have made none. Of course having made only a few glowing things with leatherworking it does not give me a perfect picture of the skill and offers only very wrong statistics, but... It seems to me that every time you use leatherworking it has a equal chance of becoming a glow eq. This seems wrong to me. The quality of the skin, the level of your skilling skill and your leatherworking skill should affect the chance of getting a glowing eq. Currently these thing only seem to affect to quality and value of a crafted object. Also the type of skin should creatly affect the chance to get a glow eq. Seems logical to me that the skin of a unicorn (animal considered to be the symbol of pure magic) should have a higher chance of becoming a magical eq, than the skin of a rat, moose or rabit.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

well i personally consider a rabbit a highly magical and mighty creature.
as i like to say 'as magical as a rabbit'. so i would prefer nothing negativ about rabbits.
incredible creatures .... just incredible ... awesome!
beral

Post by beral »

And the whole point was, that with the big skill, you should have a better results.
suron

Post by suron »

I can say with some certainity that you do not always have equal chance to get a glow eq from leatherworking. I made (without lying...much) just about 1000-1500 leatherworking items and got 0 (zero) glow eq. Not until I got some advancement points and my dex raised higher did I start creating glow eq. It seemed that having some minimum dex was required to create glow eq.

(And as we are talking about Galieres code, we talk about base stats, not the stats boosted with blessings and eq.)

And no, the dex req was not high, it was close to butterfingered.