Families and Player Guilds

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

lemi

Families and Player Guilds

Post by lemi »

will a family system or a player guild system ever be integrated into Icesus?
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
argu

Post by argu »

Interesting idea...

I will support this one =)
<--- I have no clue what does chitines look like but propably like that 8]
stalker
Wizard

Re: Families and Player Guilds

Post by stalker »

lemi wrote:will a family system or a player guild system ever be integrated into Icesus?
Hmm what kind of a family system might fit best into Icesus (taking into account our current character creation etcetera)? :shock:

And the player guilds, how would they be different from the current main/subguilds?

Brainstorm away! :wink:
Stalker
maruxus
Wizard

Post by maruxus »

Actually i've had a "clan" system in mind for some time now, if I ever get around to having time to work on it I'll need suggestions, this is as good a place as any for em.
lemi

uh

Post by lemi »

player guilds/clans would be different than normal guilds because, well, for one, it would be players running them. there are already a few of them among us, anyways, we might as well have a system set up for them.

some things the system could do.. hrm.. maybe split the experience or silver gained from each clan member amongst the other clan members? some kind of EXP/silver tax system, for being in the guild/clan? the leader, of course, could set this tax.

a title? perhaps something like.. i dunno. Lemi, member of the [blah] guild.

the leader could invite/kick people from the guild/clan.

just basic player-guild/clan functions, you know. doesn't have to be too snazzy.

families could work the same way, wouldn't have to choose a family name at creation if that's too much of a problem. it would be nice though. but anyway, you could adopt family members maybe have a surname title like Lemi, member of the [blah] family.

reputation would be an other thing too, the families/guilds would have to share a reputation. so say i join your family/guild/clan/whatever and attack ereldon, the whole family/guild/clan/whatever will have a horrible reputation. and then maybe if you kicked me out of the family/guild/whatever the reputation problem will be easier to fix.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
huck
Wizard

Post by huck »

I think that the best possible way to include some sort of family system, would be through our player province system that has been worked on over the last couple of years. Would make the most sense imho.
|I|C|E|S|U|S| my anti-drug
brich

this ahsnt been spoken in a while

Post by brich »

Hello there! I've been thinking about family-sistem in Icesus since the post originated and the first thoughts (not posted then) were related to the char creation/reincarnation. A family is based on blood lines no? When a character is to be created/reinced there would be a posibility to choose a father and a mother with their consent. That would replace options as city/hut/village (instead takes into account parents origins), artisan/... (same) and more importantly the jobs (partially). There would bonuses from parents guilds and from their trained by do or otehr skills.The stat maxes and so on would be influenced by parents stats. Off course the perk (interesting side ) of this would be that from generation to generation bonuses could rise or get lower ( if the family focuses on militia <for men> and alchemists <for women> for example certain stats <con and int > would greatly rise in family-tree). OK,thats
about the first thoughts I got ...
What later made me ponder was the fact that there arent (visible) differences between male/female/it. There also was a post+poll about different eq but that's distantly related to this.
A woman performing as good as a man in militia strikes me as awkward (no shovinism) while an it shows no difference yet. In my original thoughts the places would be clear as a family would need females and males to *cough* you know *cough* reproduce...or ,why not, certain its as thrikeens or beholders could have solo-children (lay eggs and stuff like that ...eww).
These are some raw ideas, meaning I thought about this just a few hours :) A sign that this family-thingie would be/is interesting might awake more brains and some ideas will storm in.

Edit&PS lately flames seems to develop arround posts and its not nice. I'd appreciate if folowing posts would refer to the families only and we wouldnt end up discussing dragon's colour or if the dragon's colour need an uptune.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

if this is ever implemented, we would need family crests.
shamasu

Post by shamasu »

with the ability to reinc in icesus families might be a bad idea unless you made joining a family permenant over reinc and and if you did want to leave a family there would be some bad consequences (ie, the process of leaving a family would take say 7 days and they you couldn't join another family for a month or something, that would make ppl think about what family they want to join) player ran clans would be a really nice idea though, especialy if you would could outworld clan halls (say the clan has to pay 5M for the first room and then different amount of money or even resources to expand it, like individual rooms for higher ranked member or the clan, a perment clan chrono beacon, an place to quit, storehouses, donation rooms, clan shops, etc etc)
torvus

Post by torvus »

5 mil to have a room ? That would leave most people below level 36 out, unless they had sponsors. Maybe us lower people would sleep in the guild hall while the highbies had there own rooms. Another idea is that theres a limmited amount of rooms and the guild leader chooses who he believes is worthy for them ?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Here is what i woud like to have:

I dont know how to explain this, so ill just make an example-
Player A sets hes relation to player B, something like 'relation set brother B'. This automatically gives player B a new title option ('title set relation_1') "brother/sister of A" (B might be a she so its a sister). And the more relation types the better: all family ties, and relationship statuses etc. Like when my girlfriend playes,I would do 'relation set girlfriend GF' and she would be " GF, elf girlfreind of Artic"
suron

Post by suron »

Nope, not a particularly good idea, however if players were
Family members in real life ie. brothers, they should be able
to gain somekind of family status, if they were of the same
race. Not titles, but the finger information could reveal like
that Suron is Solars brother or something.

Benefits...nothing major, some find weakness bonus if fighting
each other. And you could buy things from shop using other
familymembers bank account (with Solars credit) :)

EDIT: Ok as Solar pointed out, some avoid hits
instead of find weakness. :/
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Someone posted this idea to me years ago:
"All the great families of the valley of Valkor gather to a house in the wilderness. It is a place of rest and a place of settling disputes between differend families. There is no fighting in the house it self but there is a ring in front of the house where individuals of differend families settle their differences with blood. The house it self contains a gathering room for each of the races of the valley and from these rooms you could find your way to the private room(s) of the differend families. In the early days of the House there should be three families for each of the races. An old family that wishes that the race should support only its own members. A young family that thinks that the vooperation between races will lead to peace and prosperity. And a family that thinks that an individual is the most important piece of the world and those individuals will make the difference alone. (one for the people who like to party with their own race, one for those who are after exp and will party with anyone [including Mila] and one for those who like to solo.) These rooms could of course be made by the help of mortals that are interested in building places. Each of the families would be lead by an individual which would be seen as an elder of the family. (His/Her word would be the last one) Families could compete between themselves in several categories. The amount of members in a family, fighting prowess of the family, strongest champion of a family, family with greatest respect in the valley, family with the greatest amount of kills... the ways that the families of the Valley are endless. But the families would gather respect in the eyes of each other when they would settle their differences in the ring outside the house. If any part of the family consorts into way of settling disputes with other families outside the ring (assassination, attacking a person who is not ready...) the whole familys status would lessen in the eyes of the other families. I have no idea whatsoever how to make the more peaceful races find respect among the families, maybe they could ally themselves among other families and gain respect when their ally gains some. Of course the virtues of the templars could be a way of gaining respect among families and the more peaceful races could gain some of the more peaceful virtues with their lifestyle. Maybe later the House could have 'Families' in them with members of differend races, some see the bond of friendship above the bond of blood. But basically each of the families could have their own structure (with lesser titles that are grantable by the elder of the family) and have their own message board / channel where they could make announcements like calling all of the family to the ring to settle a dispute with another family. And families could have an ability to declare a feud with another family and ally with another family, family should be able to decide the requirements for a person to join the family. (age, level, reputation, guild...) But the basic idea is that people would have things to do when they are tired of running after exp and when they want to settle their personal disputes with other players."

It does have few nice ideas about families :)
dyzmal

Post by dyzmal »

I still think this is a really good idea. No one seems to disagree, so again, any chance of this getting implemented? :)

Liking the idea about family/clan titles. The way I look at it, it should cost an ass of money to create a clan or a family. Something outrageous like 10m. That way everyone wouldn't be able to just up and create their own clan/family, which would in turn make the clans/families more populated. I think a few large clans/families would be much more interesting than a few hundred two-to-three person clans. The titles thing is a good idea, maybe make it so that the leader of the guild/family could create titles for his/her members. For instance, if Belannaer was in my clan, I could give him the title, "Belannaer, right-hand man of the Wootcake clan." Where as "right-hand man" is the only part I would have created. "of the <name> clan." would be automatic, as to keep people from using titles from existing guilds, etc. For families it could be a "L" title, like "Dyzmal's boyfriend Belannaer, a human artisan", but there would have to be some sort of complicated system in which you add the members into the family tree for these titles to work. The title thing would probably be very complicated to code, but it would DEFINITLEY be cool.

"especialy if you would could outworld clan halls (say the clan has to pay 5M for the first room and then different amount of money or even resources to expand it, like individual rooms for higher ranked member or the clan, a perment clan chrono beacon, an place to quit, storehouses, donation rooms, clan shops, etc etc)"
Not so sure if that's a good idea, though.
uzriel
Supporting Member 2009

Post by uzriel »

Love the idea!