some shifter ideas

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

aarmon

some shifter ideas

Post by aarmon »

as far as i know there is for every spell a crit. version of that spell ...
why do shifters dont have that kind of mighty version of that spell.
for shifters that would be the def. and off. spell (i only know the spell for the cat spectral claws and hide of a beast)

the could be a small chance that instead of getting one solo "elemental" dmg you could get a combination. wouldne hurt the balance i think for the spells only beeing temporary and very seldom but it would increase the 'whee' factor. :D

hide could be increased by just getting slightly more def or getting some stats increased or getting some elemental hide (and the mob taking some lightning, acid, fire or cold dmg when attacking you)

even sense could be made crit. by getting a boost to some skills or perhaps pack tactics (as they depend on the vision of the shifter i think)

and now to something completly different:
about the riding of shifters

thats just an idea i had during a crit. version of my most soffisticated graphic engine :D ...
i was in a party with a templar beeing a fire cat.
would be increadible to have some classes/guilds be able to ride on the back of a shifter.
bears f.e. can already be bought as a mount (althought i dont know if b'roghs and the big fellas can ride them).

there could be a subguild that provides some skills for a riding attack or a combination of shifter and fighter skill.
like a shifter doing a furious assault/pack tactic and at the same time the fighter doing his strike/kick or they could be guild skills with completly different skills.

i dont know what could be an idea for casters but they could sit in the branches of the tree shifter and cast better harder faster?

some symbiosis skills could be made for serpent (havent seen a serpent shifter for ages ... they definitly need some advancement) and trees. would be natural in my opinion.

that are just some fragments of ideas i know but perhaps one or two could be interessting and improvable.
what you think? :P

p.s.: something i just dont understand - WHY THE HELL do fire cats NOT see in the dark (i would think a 2m big cat covered in flames can at least spend some light) althought a small torch can spend enough light for the whole room.
suron

Post by suron »

Not every spell can crit.

And it would be nice if every spell would have a possible crit effect.
Every spell should also have 'learnable by casting' tag

Riding shifters to battle...kinky

Ok, I'm still a bit disappointted that my 'Great Ape' form idea didn't interest Belannaer. It would have been so cool to have a 'wrestling' type fighter in the game. But nooo, it didn't fit the 'theme' of icesus in some way. However spiders and snakes somehow fit the theme even if they usually hibernate during winter.

and would you be able to see in the dark if you were covered in flames?
felgand

Post by felgand »

Actually, being covered in flames would make it harder to see anything around you and should probably give you worse sight. If you don't believe me, go into a dark room, shine a flashlight in your face and try to focus on anything in the room. :P[/b]
Last edited by felgand on Thu Aug 11, 2005 22:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

what if your eyes were on fire as well? then wouldn't you be able to see whatever the light hit? also, a fire is not a focused beam like a flashlight is, so it would probably not blind you.
suron

Post by suron »

Fire won't blind you? Try that with your lighter and tell me that again if you didn't go blind :)

It's easier to get that fire into your eye if you look downwards while lighting the lighter beneath your head.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

as long as noon actually tried that at home (beeing covered in flames and trying to see in the dark) this discussion is senseless :D
echcua
Wizard

Post by echcua »

Hehe it may be senseless but its quite funny :D
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

... :D ok then the other way round ...
fact is that fire cats spend light
and even if they themself cant see anything (what i still doubt) why cant party member beeing in ths same room cant see? hmmm? any answers to that from our smart-panty members? hmmm?
suron

Post by suron »

Well, a burning cat is certainly an eye catcher. Maybe your party members don't actually pay attention to anything else than watch you buuurn?
felgand

Post by felgand »

They can roast marshmellows and make smores? :)
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

if i ever catch anyone roasting marshmellows on my back while beeing idle i eat starting from the feet so he/she can watch. :twisted:
especially felgand-the-filler-of-the-inventory-with-fish-when-you-are-not-looking.
you know that was mean. ooohhhh so very mean.
*roar - fire kitty has spoken*
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

gnoza wrote:and do it NOW! okthxbye! #-o
hah you wish,it hasn't been changed since guild came and probly won't be changed during near future (year or two)
suron

Post by suron »

Yeah, make them unable to move when using that spell, asap!