"Party Wimpy"

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

allanon

"Party Wimpy"

Post by allanon »

A new party command for the party leader.
This would be like the Wimpy command, but applies to the whole party. When any one member reaches the wimpy setting, the party leader automatically flees. Great for those of us with slow typing skills, reflexes, internet connections, or all three. Like normal wimpy, there are the various settings of very high, high, low, etc...

Sure, you could just have all members set wimpy to the same level, but then they all scatter to different directions. #-o
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

Post by xerene »

that sounds like an awesome idea because I have dial up and have killed a few parties by getting kicked off-line when I get a call. =D> I always feel badly when I get my tank killed because I suddenly go idle with no chance to run away before the call comes through.
apex

Post by apex »

how good an idea
oren

Post by oren »

This is such a great idea. Props to Allanon.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

What if the party's vice leader could seize control of the party (swap status with the leader)?

That would require a relaxation of vice leader rules, but it would give someone the ability to grab hold of the handbasket and lead the party away if the leader got a net problem, or was say... eaten by a tree.
allanon

Post by allanon »

Oh, that sounds like a good addition too. Emercengy swap...
'Course, it doesn't make the Party Wimpy idea obsolete. Say one of your tanks took a head crit and dropped from 90-45% and took a wound (yes, exaggerating) in one blow, in that sort of situation even if you're at full alertness it would be nice to have auto-run.

I'll even propose an addition to that.
"Party Swap"
If the party's nominal leader is...
Idle for more than <x> minutes;
Linkdead;
Just dead :wink: ;
Or in some other way incapable of actions, the party leadership automatically switches to the vice-leader.
This function of party would of course be optional, because not all leaders want to automatically give up lead while idling at regen or such. "party swap" turns it on or off.
The <x> for idle minutes would be an additional argument to "party swap", as in "party swap 5", where leadership is transferred after 5 minutes of idling.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.