New mobs?

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

rotax

New mobs?

Post by rotax »

Here's some ideas for new mobs:

Opinicus - A body and four legs like a lion, the head neck and wings of an eagle, and the short tail of a camel. 100k-120k xp?

Bunyip - This is an Australian monster. It exists in Aboriginal stories and art, as well as in modern reports. Descriptions vary widely- the Aborigines describe it as having tusks, flippers, and a tail like a horse. The Aboriginal Bunyip lived in or near water such as creeks and pools from dried up river beds (billabongs.)
The Bunyip is supposed to emerge at night to prey on animals, and women and children. It gives a loud bellowing cry if approached. When the Aborigines hear the cry, they stay away from the water. ~50k xp?

Tetramorph - Biblical creature. Described by Ezekiel as having the face of a man, the face of a lion, the face of an ox and the face of an eagle, each with four wings, and the hands of a man under the wings. The tetramorph also had wheels that "turned not when they went", and eyes everywhere. ~300k?

Cockatrice - A dragon's form, but with a rooster's head. Sometimes described as having red to black eyes. ~130k?

Moon Woman - A woman who lays eggs, and sits on them, hatching giants. Obviously a very huge mob; would probably be ~500k xp?

Leviathan - A huge sea serpent mentioned in the Bible. The name means "coiling" At the End of Days, the Behemoth and Leviathan will battle, destroying each other. ~800k? Trust me, these things are huge.
picture

Behemoth - Large animal, like a hippopotamus. Can drink a whole river in one gulp. At the End of Days, Leviathan and Behemoth will battle, destroying each other. The body of the Behemoth will be fed to the righteous. ~800k? I imagine it owuld be about as powerful as the Leviathan, considering they are supposed to kill each other in the end times.

Musimon - Like a goat, but with the head and horns of a ram too. 5k-10k?

Ibex - A mountain goat with 2 large, long horns that extend backwards. It has a rigid spine, and cannot look behind itself. 5k-10k?

Also, maybe some water mobs?

Mermaid - Half woman, half fish. ~15k?

Nereid - Sea-nymphs of Greek mythology. They were the 50 daughters of Nereus. ~40k?

Kraken - A generic name for a gigantic sea monster. Sometimes described as a whale, sometimes as a giant squid, sometimes as a giant lobster. ~200k?

Devil Whale - Extremely large whale, the size of an island. ~1M?

Feel free to comment, I think some of these would make nice additions to icesus, and I tried to make a good range of difficulty.
allanon

Re: New mobs?

Post by allanon »

[quote="rotax"]
Satyr - Half man, Half goat. Bearded, sometimes with horns or goat's ears. ~15k?

Harpie - A winged beast, with the head and breasts of a woman, and the body of a bird. ~50k?

Devil Whale - Extremely large whale, the size of an island. ~1M?
[quote]

Satyrs are already in the game. I've killed one before. Wander around the OW and you might stumble upon one eventually.
(Actually, I think I'm confusing these with oreads, but can't remember at the moment.)

We've already got the stormfury harpies, so it should be fine to add regular ones to the OW.

Please, no 1m exp mobs in the OW... :?
If it's the size of an island, that would mean it takes up multiple rooms, eh?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
suron

Post by suron »

Leviathan and Kraken were just about only monsters in the list that I could picture being imported to the game. In my opinion we lack large 'sea' creatures.
If multiple-depth water rooms are introduced into the game sometime in the future, then these creatures could have a brighter future.
aieon
Supporting Member 2006

Post by aieon »

Some of these, as they are from greek or aborigine mythologies, don't really fit the theme of an oasis in the glacier.
But, do we have yeti? I haven't seen one, but I haven't seen much. that would fit. or wendigo, or something.
rotax

Post by rotax »

All of these are from mythology. Whether or not some mobs would fit into icesus can be discussable, and these dont have to be on the OW. They can be unique mobs. Also the xp is just kind of a random guess that comes to mind when I read the description or see a picture.

The main idea of my post was to get people's imaginations flowing. I won't be heartbroken if none of these become mobs.
dyaros

Post by dyaros »

Accually few of these mobs can be found from the game...
I'm an Africa nut, not an Ostfront freak
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Just to mention this

Post by solar »

suron wrote:Leviathan and Kraken were just about only monsters in the list that I could picture being imported to the game. In my opinion we lack large 'sea' creatures.
If multiple-depth water rooms are introduced into the game sometime in the future, then these creatures could have a brighter future.
http://www.icesus.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=653

I posted an idea to the dev section regarding just that: Depth being introduced to ow lakes. What makes this pretty funny to me, is that I don't recall Suron having access to dev forums or that we even discussed this to that great a degree and still we, two geniuses, both thought of this :D
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

Post by xerene »

shared info deleted:D
Last edited by xerene on Fri Sep 02, 2005 23:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mastema

Post by mastema »

How about some reading with "help sharing information"?
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

Post by xerene »

Ack, if I said too much, sorry...
arkady
Supporting Member 2007

Post by arkady »

I would also like to see some new magical OW mobs introduced humanoid and otherwise...

Red caps: nastier hobgoblins with axes..

Näkki: hey this is a finnish mythical creature why aren't these here...

Kelpi: evil horse or hairy man that would drown or strangle travelers respectivly

so these are my suggestions to the new ow monster plee also I think we could have more arabic style mythical creatures heck b'roughs are desert dwellers right...
solar
Supporting Member 2020

so did the genius speak

Post by solar »

xerene wrote:Ack, if I said too much, sorry...
Well, in that case edit your post (if you haven't already) and erase any excessive info sharing.

I'd like to mention to people that by creating areas yourself, you can add like... every thinkable creature there is to the game - as long as it gets approved. The downsides to this are of course, that they need to be approved and quality checking finished areas can take over a year if wizards are busy or "busy".

:D
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
stalker
Wizard

Re: so did the genius speak

Post by stalker »

solar wrote:
xerene wrote:Ack, if I said too much, sorry...
Well, in that case edit your post (if you haven't already) and erase any excessive info sharing.

I'd like to mention to people that by creating areas yourself, you can add like... every thinkable creature there is to the game - as long as it gets approved. The downsides to this are of course, that they need to be approved and quality checking finished areas can take over a year if wizards are busy or "busy".

:D
Not in defence of our QC times but the quality of the area being sent for approval has MAJOR affectation on the need of wizardly time needed for the process. It is true it might take over a year, but then again a really thoroughly done area (balanced monsters and equipment + good storyline and grammar) might well be transferred to the game rapidly, if no or limited wizardly modifying is required.
Stalker
arkady
Supporting Member 2007

Post by arkady »

Stalker no offence to our fine wizzes but this game is rife with horrible grammer... guilds being the worst example..
stalker
Wizard

Post by stalker »

arkady wrote:Stalker no offence to our fine wizzes but this game is rife with horrible grammer... guilds being the worst example..
Hmm I'd say the quality of grammar in Icesus is way better than many other muds in a non-native English speaking country...

in any case, I don't understand your point. :?
Stalker