"Classed" hunting/fishing contests

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

solar
Supporting Member 2020

spam spam spam humbug 1 48 100 100 enter

Post by solar »

I'm feeling too tired right now to read this whole topic through and see if someone (possible even I) has mentioned this one already, but:

Low level characters managing to beat highbies in events is something that shouldn't be taken away from them. Just the amount of sheer self-confidence and joy in proving that simple exp doesn't matter that much is a tremendous ego-booster for them and they'll actually grow themselves some dicksize.

And if they don't manage to beat them, then they have the excuse 'Well, yeah... I'm not a highbie, so the event was "unfair"!'

While there COULD once in a while be divided events, this division shouldn't become the norm. Both types of events have their merits, but if you really want them to be divided into categories then you're just one of those _whining newbies_!! >:P

And now that the hunting system has been tuned (yes, it's still a mammoth bagging event), a low-lvl character with masteries can easily find enough prey to kill - but some of the heavier monsters they cannot solo. That's why they should (if needed) hunt in a party. Each hunter gets their own score, but they group up to kill hunted animals.

I remember in some fishing contest (1,5 years ago? I might have had some 100m back then) where I had 0% in fishing to begin with and I ended beating Nuane and the Thakkrad with a score of 53266 (Nuane had 25078 and Thakkrad 23200). I got my ancient rod then, whee! Now I only need hunting spear... someday it will come.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.