Silly Mage idea

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

apex

Silly Mage idea

Post by apex »

silly idea i know.. but I thought it might be cool to have a cantrip teachable only to mages- another spell component- that is just color. No real effect on gameplay, just a fun thing to spend your exp on if you feel like it- it adds color to the messages when your spells go off- so you could like cast "large blue ball of fire" (Heh)- Just a possible fun addition... could be an assortment of colors... yadda.
allanon

Post by allanon »

Silly, yes, and pretty easy to add (afaik), but I'm just curious why it has to be mage-only? Perhaps other caster guilds like psionicist or sorcerer should get colored spells too.

Or, the need for a new cantrip could be eliminated by giving players the option to set their spell colors, if that's possible...

How about colors for skills, too?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
apex

Post by apex »

i just thought it woudl be a fun spell component.. and as other guilds don't use compenents i figured it'd have to be mage only:P
shyress
Supporting Member 2005

Post by shyress »

if you want colour to your spells, the easiest way would be to make it colour with your client
apex

Post by apex »

this was to display to other people and add a new elemnt. .doesn't even have to be colors.. anywho, just an idea
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

what about a rainbow ball of fire?