snowballs

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

snowballs

Post by khade »

a bit ago, i had tha thought that while we live in a valley surrounded by glacier, but we can't have snowball fights? it would be a lot of fun to be able to pack snow and have harmless fights with friends, just make it so everyone has all points on defence and casting, to keep them from accidentally killing each other, and have snowballs coded to not do damage. we could get better with throwing, and have fun at the same time. or if there is not enough snow around, a wizard could get a very large amount of rotten tomatos in some specific rooms.
mages and psionicist could practice their spells while doing this as well.
minny

Post by minny »

ooh...i love snowball fights! haha what if a drunk mage casted a ball of ice instead of a snowball at you?
allanon

Post by allanon »

I'd think the chance for getting +throwing would have to be very small, since you could probably easily trigger a continuous snowball fight with a friend/idle player and thus gain easy throwing..."easiest" way now is to run around chucking stuff at 1k- creatures, but the restraint is that there is a limited supply of those...Since you can repack the snow from a snowball there can be a lot of 'em.

No need to mess around with the combat assign points, there are ways to make something "throwable", but not involving throw...

Explain why mages get to practice spells during a snowball fight - which spell are you referring to, exactly? For psionisicts, I guess that would be levitation or something (for the snowballs that is).
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

i was thinking mages could get some mastery in the cold spells, i don't know how it would work, but it might happen
allanon

Post by allanon »

Same problem, it's basically free +Secrets of Cold.
What if a non-ice mage were to do this? They could have a high Secrets mastery for their own damagetype and get Secrets of Cold. I think it's best to leave mage masteries alone.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

ok, but you must admit that the psionisists could get some mastery. alternately, perhaps they should get a bonus to throwing based on their telekenisis mastery, as they can make what they throw go where they want it to. perhaps they should get to train in throwing to a small degree in the guild.
but this isn't the place to put these, oh well! #-o
allanon

Post by allanon »

It's probably best to give no bonuses to any skills, spells, or masteries whatsoever using snowball fight.

Give snowball fighting a massive :!: ep-cost, though, and then you have a tunable method for raising these things, which is perfectly fine...

Edit: Well, to clarify what I'm saying, there should not be a cheaper or easier method to gaining masteries, skills, or spells, than studying/training/learn-by-doing them.

Take swimming for example, you can either join survivalists and pony up level exp and then some for training some % in swimming, or you can go repeatedly try to drown yourself in water and hope to learn by doing. Both ways have a penalty, both have their upsides...but neither are free.