Player Run Shop

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

weim

Player Run Shop

Post by weim »

The booths are nice, but a permanent shops placed in town, (or that big 'ol field near shanty) would be great. I mean booths are not alowed to buy stuff from players, and most of the time the prices are out of range for newbies. I think that if there were a great variety of shops that could do a variety of things suchas: grill meat, skin animals, make weapons, ect.

The best way I think we could nudge this in the right direction is just to offer some room(s) in fields and allow players to customize the discriptions.
apex

Post by apex »

Join dev. Anywho, i believe there is a function that allows you to act as your own mobile 'shop' of sorts..
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

Post by xerene »

Help trade?
weim

Post by weim »

Hmm... Let me put down the horizons a bit, k?

I wanna offer services... It is not a very good use of time when people have to run around for hours begging people to heal, skin animals, bless them...
allanon

Post by allanon »

If there were NPC's to handle all the player-based services, then there would be less need for players to join those guilds. Exa. if you had an air priest NPC to cast life boost on you and then a full heal...no matter the cost, if it was a decent boost players would use it a lot more than begging for life boosts. This goes also for other functions like ranger's salves, alchemist's potions, et cetera...

Oh, and you really shoudn't need others to skin your animals, else how are you ever going to get more skill % in it?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
weim

Post by weim »

who said anything about npc's?... I never said anything about npc's...

I'm a mage (currently) and I don't really feel like skinning animals... Oddly I have a cart to transport dead bodies tho...
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I tried playing a alchemist. I thought hey, i got enough exp to max 8 levels and than i can make loads and loads of money selling potions. Turns out i couldnt. I was successful at selling incenses, but i sold only 5-10 potions. Why? Cause there is no market for potions. No, dont get me wrong there are lots of people willing to buy potions, just no-one sells em. And because no-one else sells em, you cant really know how much to ask for a potion, how powerful should a potion be, before you sell it etc. So if there was more people selling different services it would create a market of sort for all those services making it a lot easier for new merchants to join the field.
stalker
Wizard

Post by stalker »

artic wrote:I tried playing a alchemist. I thought hey, i got enough exp to max 8 levels and than i can make loads and loads of money selling potions. Turns out i couldnt. I was successful at selling incenses, but i sold only 5-10 potions. Why? Cause there is no market for potions. No, dont get me wrong there are lots of people willing to buy potions, just no-one sells em. And because no-one else sells em, you cant really know how much to ask for a potion, how powerful should a potion be, before you sell it etc. So if there was more people selling different services it would create a market of sort for all those services making it a lot easier for new merchants to join the field.
Sounds more like an ideal new market to be found, if there is demand and no supply. :shock:
Stalker
iluth

Post by iluth »

As a solo player i will buy up any potions when i see them, even sp potions are great for getting rid of magical weakness when you get out of death temple.

It's true that you don't see em for sale often, i think that's because the effort that goes into making them isn't worth the return. Better money can be made elsewhere and it would take a real hardcore alchemist to enjoy making money solely through potions.

You alchemists should raise your prices a bit, all the potions i've bought have been extremely cheap, considering how much more effective they are than the rare shop bought potions.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

Only one I know who had make some nice money with potions was Brazok long time ago.. He concentrated fully to those only, and sold them for decent prices.. Might've been someone else too, but dont think so. :p
iluth

Post by iluth »

quintosh wrote:Only one I know who had make some nice money with potions was Brazok long time ago.. He concentrated fully to those only, and sold them for decent prices.. Might've been someone else too, but dont think so. :p
I was thinking of Brazok when i posted that actually. Even his were cheap, if i'll go to ere and pay 10k for a full heal, a portable and convenient full heal should be worth around 15k, if not a little more.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

This proofs my point. To ask 15K for a single 'full-heal' potions seems right considering the time spent to make it, yet when u actually try to sell potions it seems asking for 75K for just 5 vials seems pure greed (especially cause the shop potions cost around 5k). But if more people would sell same quality potions for similar price, or if more people knew how much work is put into a good potions, than they would not see this as greed.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

There is no sustainable market in potions. I've got vial containers full of spr, elixirs of health, and epr potions and every time I try to sell them I fail (except elixirs at low price). The only way to sell them is to sell them too cheap for the cost. It takes me about 1.5 hours of mushroom picking to get enough mushrooms to make 30 elixirs of health (that's a full vial container) at 78% gather mushrooms. Then it takes a half hour to make them (about 1 per minute) at 70% potion brewing. However I can't sell those 30 elixirs for more than 53k-60k(1750-2k per) even though I have 60-70+ in all alchemy skills (along with the max 8 levels). In that same 2 hours of partying I could make quite a bit more than that both exp wise and money wise. It's actually more of a benefit to me to make them and give them to high-exp rate parties to keep the rate up.
iluth

Post by iluth »

Maybe if you guys can establish a rate for potions to sell at that would solve the problem, since you say there's no market since nobody knows what to ask.

DF has a rate (10k cash for 1k df) so potions in theory should be able to do the same. As far as i know each hp/sp/ep potion has a potency value, if you can say like 1.5 or 2k per 10 points each potion has, you can value em. If everybody gets used to seeing the going rate then hopefully the market might become workable? :S

But it's important people can see the rate so they get used to it, add the rate when you sell potions on the sales channel.