Do you like masteries?

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you want masteries in the game?

Yes
92%
No
6%
Don't have an opinion
2%

Total votes: 83

draug

Post by draug »

Lets keep this rolling.

In theory, if you consider that a 40m worth dancer with 95% annihilation, asassination, knowledge of inner organs will do more damage with backstab than a 1G highbie with maxed überstats and skills and no masteries, there is something really wrong. I am right??

++Draug

ps. The www page bugs with firefox.
apex

Post by apex »

no, if the 40m dancer has spent it's whole career as a dancer, then it's good that they're rewarded for their persistance.

The 1G ubergood highbie could prolly make those masteries in weeks with their knowledge of the game and their abilities/stats.

Think about it in real life terms.. Who's going to be better a better marksman (with a handgun), a Veteran cop of 50 years, or a really smart, really strong, really accurate pimply rook at age 18 (who is GREAT at baseball).
draug

Post by draug »

Ok... if that is true guilds are too mastery oriented and exp doesn't mean jack shit. Lets just all start spamming prayer and elemental channel with triggers and watch our piety go up. WOO! Exp is not the key anymore. Voila! We have a 10m human templar with godly blow of justice.

Exp and then masteries... please, not the other way around. This is hack and slash.

Just my two cents.

++draug

ps. You won't get dancer masteries dacent up in a week, it takes at least several months.
brich

I got sd masteries in a week

Post by brich »

Actually I did get decent masteries in shadowdancers in a week and I dont even have 1gig of exp. :P
Erm, where does it say Icesus is hack'n'slash? ...c'mon! What about strategy, quests, elements, etc. Each separated from the whole might not be too complex but overall Icesus is immensily more then just "kill all", except maybe militia :)
apex

Post by apex »

I still maintain the whole 'diversity is cool' argument. Some guilds are newb oriented it seems, others highbie oriented, some mastery based, some that barely have useable masteries. This lets people chose the best place for THEM, and be happy no matter what kind of player they are. is this so horrible?