Pets!

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

apex

Post by apex »

I kind of like the idea of just pets that don't help you AT_ALL. again, just to have them/interact would be fun
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

Post by xerene »

suron wrote:If you want to hunt with pets, buy World of Warcraft. This whole idea sounds like it's just been ripped from WoW. :?

(Not saying that WoW has many original ideas in the first place, but I'm pretty sure that this idea was inspired by WoW).
Nah...I have never played WoW and had never heard of it till I started playing Icesus. If anything they stole the idea from me;)

I already see a problem with having a pet following you around tho. You can't cast area spells without it hitting the pets and some area's won't let the pet enter. I imagine one would need to be real careful what spells they cast in fear of aggroing your pet/pets.
osma

Post by osma »

I definitly want a miniture giant space hampster if you cant use them for fighting. and as for tanks, just have one pet at a time and that will take care of most of it. Sides, a pet is not going to stand in front and get beaten on by a troll, it is going to hide behind you and take pop shots by running out and biting, then running away.

"Go for the eyes Boo, THE EYES! Butt kicking for GOODNESS!!!"
iluth

Post by iluth »

artic wrote:I like Minsc and Boo:

Minsc: 'Get em, Boo!, Get em! Leave none alive!!!'

------------------------------
Big bad ass barbarian with tiny Hamster.
Go for the eyes boo! go for the eyes!

edit: doh osma beat me to it
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

To say to an idea that its been stolen from WoW is low. Thats like below the belt. WoW itself is a big pile of loaned ideas. The only thing that makes WoW special is that it had LOADS of more promotion than any other MMORPG.

However i think non-combat pets would be a nice addition to icesus. Bring back some of the fun i used to have here.

And as for the berserker hamster and his barbarian friend than, yes, i think the correct line was 'go for the eyes...'. Sounds quite nasty, but afaik Boo did not really do any damage in combat :P
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Re: Pets!

Post by kraven »

xerene wrote:they could possibly attack aggro mobs, maybe with specials. you could 'sic' them on non aggro mobs maybe have a pet loyalty skill that helps with wether the pet attacks you or the mobs.....many different possibilitys. you could train them to 'fetch' something. You could hunt with them slightly increasing or decreasing your hunting skill depending on your loyalty skill percentage and/or the type of pet. ie: a wolf would be a better hunter than say a cow or a girraffe. Anyway, mill this idea over and let me know whatcha think.

i got this heavy tamagotchi virtual pet feeling...makes me nervous... :|
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

mmm ... me want a pikatchu ... me want it badly ...
... for dinner... me hungry ...