creation

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

creation

Post by osma »

I just checked and as far as i can tell, there are very few jobs in background that involve making things. shure there is blacksmith and such, but what about reasonable jobs like fletcher or tanner? how about these ideas:

Fletcher: an apprentice arrow maker working under a master at creating arrows for the city guards. Minor bonus to fletchery, bonus to dexterity, dexterity gives slightly more ep, gives more wealth, minor bonus to craftsmanship skill.

Bower: (prob misspelled) an apprentice bow maker working under a master (ok, so i am sleepy and lacking imagineation.)
Minor bonus to bowery skill, bonus to dexterity, small bonus to wisdom, minor bonus to craftsmanship skill, gives more wealth, minor bonus to strength (have to pull those bows into position while stringing them.) [preq: must first be fletcher]

Tanner: minor bonus to skinning skill, small bonus to leatherworking skill, minor bonus to craftsmanship skill, small bonus to dexterity, small bonus to wisdom, minor bonus to constitution (from the horrific smell and harsh chemicals), gives more wealth. [ preq: must have hunter first?]

Cook: a camp cook working out of a wagon. Minor bonus to cooking skill, minor bonus to carving, small bonus to dexterity, small bonus to wisdom. gives more wealth.

Chef: a practiced cook working in a lare tavern or inn. Minor bonus to cooking skill, minor bonus to dexterity, bonus to wisdom, bonus to chrisma, gives much more wealth.[must be cook first]

craftman: already exist, but why not a small bonus to craftsmanship? it is part of the name. i mean fishers get fishing bonus and hunters get hunting bonus.

And why does people being born to a family of artisans not have a 1 or 2 % bonus to craftsmanship? i mean seriously, if my father is a practiced craftman, he is going to teach me growing up to be carefull when creating things, and i am shure to pick up at least SOMETHING about his tricks of the trade. Nobels should get some automatic chr bonus if they dont already, and a bonus to ettiquete. labourers should get bonus to str if they dont since they prob had to help their families carry things. i think vagrants already get good con bonus, not shure.
allanon

Post by allanon »

A) Craftsmanship is one of those skills that is completely player-learnable only. No magical equipment (yet), not a talent, no background...that's part of what makes getting it high an achievement, it takes awhile even if you leatherwork constantly. Besides it makes some difference to leatherworking, bowery, etc. skills, no fair to get free +5craft (or even more) and add background bonus to that.

B) Shouldn't those jobs get some negatives, too? Like -int or such...jobs should either give mediocre bonuses or great ones with some drawbacks as well.

C) Job to give +leatherworking is a bit much unless it's just +1 or comes with a negative or three. +Skinning job is ultimately useless but adds some realism or depth. Fletchery and bowery are completely useless unless you plan to join archer, and since they are not learnable through use the bonuses should be small or give a negative too.
+Cooking is futile and waste of a job. :wink:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
osma

Post by osma »

[jobs should have negitives or mediocre bonuses...]

that is what MINOR means for one, and for two, these are just examples, not required bonuses for the class. any ideas i put out i automaticly assume that the wizards will modify when/if they use them. i dont know how they balance the game so i dont assume they will use my ideas as is.

[fletchery or bowery is useless unless....]

of course it is. being a mage apprentice is usless for a fighter and being a blacksmith is useless for a psi. those jobs would just be there for rangers, archers, or bow using soldiers (or whoever feels like it.

[and cooking is a waste of time]

so is fishing if you never plan on fishing. for that matter, you want a uselss job, try cleaner... all you get is some wealth. compared to cleaner, being able to cook and getting a small bonus to stats as well is just gravy.

look, i am just here to give ideas of how to add options to the game, not to fix game destroying problems. these ideas just add flavor and maybe something to use instead of just typing scout, soldier or apprentice channeler 5 times. besides, might be cool to be known as Osma, former Chef. all the ladies i know like a man who can cook:D