Regens

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Regens

Post by janeti »

Possibly more of a question than an idea, but why aren't the regens buyable with AP like other stats are? You can get them from guild levels and equipment in the same way as stats. For that matter you could have the point maxes also buyable, although why you would want to when you could just buy the the stat it was figured from I'm not sure. It could open up some really strange race class combos, providing you are willing to use up vast amounts of exp to do so.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Re: Regens

Post by solar »

janeti wrote:Possibly more of a question than an idea, but why aren't the regens buyable with AP like other stats are? You can get them from guild levels and equipment in the same way as stats. For that matter you could have the point maxes also buyable, although why you would want to when you could just buy the the stat it was figured from I'm not sure. It could open up some really strange race class combos, providing you are willing to use up vast amounts of exp to do so.
Well, since increasing hpregen 100 times will make you regenerate really, REALLY, fast, and will upset the game balance way more than stat increasing. I had ~500 hitpoints as a level 1 character (we didn't have percental system when I started). Really meaty deftanks might have as much as 3k+ hp.

Once you reach the stat max, any bonuses that takes you beyond it isn't 100% as effective as before the limit. Then statmax becomes useful, especially if you have like +30 str from your eq set and str close to max.

Hopefully this will answer some questions and doesn't share secret info - All of this is deducable and requires no looking at the code, well, preconversion characters do have the advantage of knowing roughly how high their hp/sp/epmaxes are.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Regens

Post by janeti »

I was presuming that there is/would be a limit on regens like there is on stats, so that getting too unbalanced would be, if not impossible at least prohibitively expensive (at least for anyone who isn't Sriel level - and it's not like such people are balanced at the moment, or would bother to try to skew their character that much when the exp is better used elsewhere).
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Re: Regens

Post by solar »

zohlor wrote:How about ..removing the percental system and going back to like it used to be ? :P
Yes, please. :D

Though air_priests have it easier now with the percentual system - easier to see what spell should be used to heal without having the effect lessened.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

dont mind the % system in the monitor, but when u type score u should see number.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Regens

Post by janeti »

You mean that people actually used to be able to tell what effect things like glows and blessings had and didn't have to guess. Gee some people had it easy. And now they can't tell the rest of us because it is sharing information? Or just because they don't want to?

"Find out for yourself like I had to" is fine when they were actually working under the same rules back when they found out.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

I suspect the rules have changed since players saw numbers. Still, there are ways to figure out relative effects, it just takes a bunch of magic items of similar effect and some patience.

A sturdy tank and a healer are handy too.

But in the end, you'll probably end up with some very detailed knowledge that doesn't help you a lot more than the vague descriptions that you had in the first place.

Don't worry. Play happy.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Happy

Post by janeti »

I am happy when I'm playing, it's when I'm sat here wondering about the "rules" that I'm not. I'm a perfectionist, and a little compulsive about it, and I hate to think that I'm not being as efficient as I could be.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

get into the circle of people who program in the game, and maybe you can see exactly what each item does, or you might be able to create your own, who knows?
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Areas

Post by janeti »

I have some ideas and would like to try some area design but that perfectionist thing keeps kicking in "No. The idea isn't quite right yet - I'll do some more work on it before seeing what the wizzes think".