event ideas

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

solar
Supporting Member 2020

event ideas

Post by solar »

I did some thinking and thought of new events.

1) Sheepherding event (or something)

Simply put, some sheep have become lost and a farmer wants them back. They are scattered over a largish area in outworld and the players herd them back. Of course, the sheep are attacked by predators that are also spawned there. The player who returns most sheep gets a special prize: Shepherds' Cane (staff which reduces ep cost for moving in outworld when it is wielded?)

This is some miniature version of the Christmas event.

(Doesn't have to be sheep, could be cows, pigs and so on)

2) Obese troll event (or something)
There is a troll who can't stop eating - He is STARVING!
And he won't eat bread or cookies or whatever, he wants RAW meat. The players need to bring him enough food to satiate his hunger, otherwise something nasty happens (he might become aggro and start killing people).

This one closely resembles that gnomish outpost banquet event, but instead of who brings the biggest piece of meat, the winner is calculated by who brings the troll most meat during the time limit.

What do you think?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
midrien

Post by midrien »

Heh, thats pretty interesting.

I submitted a "Cave In" event a while back to one of the wizards before I took a long hiatus in playing (Under a different name :P)

Havent heard of it being implemented, but this is the basic gist of it.

A party of exploring NPC's was spelunking, be it for hidden gems and mithril, or to find and kill that oh so elusive monster truly doesn't matter. One of the party was outside the cave when the rest became trapped in because of a landslide.

He jutted back to town as quickly as he could, finding a gathering of players at Ereldon. Some time had passed since he had managed to find his way back, and hes sure his friends are running out of time.

(Ereldon will let you buy a mining pick if you dont have one already during the event)

You have to follow his haphazzard directions, maybe a map to go along with it, and help dig out his friends. Bonus to the first few who gets there, and those who manage to do the most help digging. Bringing food/water/supplies for the stranded is also appreciated :)
dunn

Post by dunn »

I like the obese troll idea!

edit: the cavein might be a nice tie-in to when miners get added back into the game..