Some randomness to reincarnations and character creation

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

solar
Supporting Member 2020

Some randomness to reincarnations and character creation

Post by solar »

What if we were to add some minor degree of randomness to reincs and character creation?

And no, I'm not talking about the amount of xp you lose with it :)

Actually, my point is that there could be some sort of 'special boons/banes' from a list of say... few hundred possible ones.

These could be from positive to negative, but still too random to prevent people from reincing and reincing over and over again to get the best possible special for their character.

Possible boons/banes:
extra hp-, sp- or epmax bonus or penalty
Psionic wild talent
One blind eye (a bit reduced ranged combat)
Bigger appetite
Resistant to cold
+1+random(10) to random skill(s)/spell(s)
+/- random stat a little.
some reputation modifier
etc.

These could flavour up the reincs nicely, but still be minor enough to not hold any REAL value. (Well, we could have better, more rarer, boons in that list) These could be introduced via 'childhood' events, parents' genetics etc. However, there should be some balance to these things, and an option to play without them.

I mean, someone reincs to be a mage and gets some evil halved spmax bane.

I'll get me coat... :D
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
suron

Post by suron »

It would be also better if one had to be one month without reincing to enable those random boons/banes to his/her next reinc.
osma

Post by osma »

agree that it would help keep people from quick reinc to do that, but dang, i reinc at least once every 3 weeks. no fair:D

and dosen't exp stop you from reinc quickly? a little bonus to hp dosent help much if you loose 4 levels to do it.:P
dunn

Post by dunn »

I don't like this idea - the bonuses are nice, but the penalties? You would ruin your reinc if you get something really bad for your guild, for no reason.

People don't plan their reincs enough as it is.

If anything, this will make people reinc more to get the bonuses OR get rid of the penalties.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

how about letting them know what penalties they will start with before the begin the creation process, you could get the bonuses and penalties just after choosing a gender or after choosing if you live in a hut or a palace... Hmm, we need the option to be from a palace, and a job of treasurer, you would get a lot of money to start with, as a newbie, through embezling. :twisted: