Score Mark 2

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

Score Mark 2

Post by osma »

The current score screen is just fine as far as i am considerned, but there is information i would like access to that is not availiable. As such, i propose either a [score long/ score -l] or a [score effects/score -e]

The extra score screen would have useful information that is in addition to the bare bones information avaible now. examples would be regeneration rates, elemetal resistances, and spells and effects currently affecting the player, possibly including bonuses due to campfire and camps.

possible look of the screen would be something like this:

Health regenearation: basic
Spell regeneration: minor
Energy regeneration: considerable
{any of the above could be number values rather then adj}

You have basic resistance to fire.
You have insignifigant penalty to cold
You have no resistance to acid.
you have no resistance to electricity.
You have insignifigant resistance to poison.

You have skin made of bark.
You have the guideance of arrows.
You have extended vision.
Your health has been boosted.

these are of course just ideas, but a genearal idea.

One major thing is that although the game tracks how your stats, jobs, guild, and equipment affects your regeneration, there is little practial way to do so yourself. It is also useful to know how much your equipment is affecting your overall regneration, rather then just assuming that it is so much better to wear 2hpregen. and if nothing else, spell affects (and when they are no longer affecting you) helps, and is not unrealistic, since your char. would know when it's skin is no longer bark, but you might not see the warning.
midrien

Post by midrien »

Well, score -e was implented. Only shows current spell/special effects on you though. None of the other stuff.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

It might be helpful to global alias score -e to "aff" as is customary on other MUDs.

<Apog dodges the huge number of "Icesus is Icesus" snowballs being thrown at him in disgust.>
allanon

Post by allanon »

It would be nice if "Suffering from nether effects" was moved to score -e, so the line in regular score showing your age would become visible again. Then again, age is such an unimportant factor in the game as of now that it doesn't really matter either way.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

i think it would be VERY usefull to even see adjective description of stat/regen and resist modifiers.

k, for the stats you can see your stats under score already, and if you compare them to your stats without eq you can guess the difference using 'help stats'. So why not automate this process, if its already doable?
For regens however you cant really know anything currently and i dont see why this is good. Same for resists. Actually i HATE resists the most. Because currently you cant know how much good a resist item is. You might find a minor lightning resist item, but you would hardly ever wear it, cause what does minor resist even mean!!? Does it mean you have a 1% chance to resist lightning damage or that all lightning damage is lowered by 1% or ... ?

So i Totally want a command to show the stat/regen and resist bonuses affecting my char.

Also one reason for knowing your current regen modifiers is fading eq glow. When glow fades and tem supposedly looses some of its effect. So a +2hpr item might at dim glow be equal toa +1hpr item. Seeing your current regen modifiers might alert you to these changes more rapidly.

I can understand that Icesus does not want us to see numbers, but why hide imprtant stats like regens and resists from us completely?
allanon

Post by allanon »

I don't know if this is sharing secrets, but when you have resistance to a damage type, it is a constant. Ie. not a 1/100 chance of resisting, you really get x% less damage when hit with that damagetype. Also "+1 lightning resist" does not correspond with +1% resistance. That would mean +5 = 5%, which is still almost useless...you'd need like five +5 items to get a 25% damage reduction, which is nice but taking up five eq slots? That's bad.

Gloweq shouldn't be losing its effectiveness until it reaches subtle...at least that's what I remember reading in some helpdoc somewhere. That might be referring to max magical charge, though...if you just recharge when you reach subtle, you won't have to worry.

One additional reason for having adjectives system is that "Icesus is Icesus", and so many other muds show stats in numbers. Maybe it's better that way for most people, but I kind of like not having to worry so much about having 1 less int than some mage five levels lower than me...sometimes it's nice to not be able to compare numbers. Besides, showing numbers would lead to a lot of sameness...people would experiment and find all the "best" race and background combinations, and then all the others would become obsolete. Diversity is good...

...Anyway, while it would be great to be able to see numbers, or even just adjectives for resists and regens, I don't think it's that important. Resistances are not that important yet, since the majority of mobs still deal just physical. And regens...well, just wear all your best regen eqs, and buy others that are better when you can. Recovering just 1 more (as in numbers) hitpoint is not that big of a deal.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
brich

Post by brich »

In the <game-info> that anounced the coding of "score -e" command it is said some spells are missing and to be reported here.
The ranger's spell "Guided aim" is not shown in "score -e" since this was introduced.
osma

Post by osma »

One: i agree with brich, guided aim on score -e would be good.
Two: It is not however nessary. you can tell if it is still working simply by typing skills. it raises your melee, slashing (for me), archery, and sharpshooting skills.

Example:
With guided aim - Archery | 81/ 70
Without - Archery | 70
osma

Post by osma »

Dont know if i mentioned it earlier in this thread, but usefull things to add (or at least something that would be nice if they added) would be time before safe casting of good berry, or how long before sleep is ready to be used again.

Also, i think that guided aim is STILL not added to sc -e. i havent seen it anyhow.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Added Guided aim. Coded resistances feature but it's not available for mortals at least yet. Having doubts whether I should release such information to mortals.
osma

Post by osma »

Ahh, Belannaer, allow me to wash away your fears! It is PERFECTLY acceptable to allow mortals to know their resistances... (or at least just me).

Seriously through, as i said earlier, even restricting it to just insignifigant, inferior, ect would be a welcome addition.
belannaer
Wizard

Post by belannaer »

Well there's already ways to get adjective info about your resistances with templar and sorcerer spells so I'm kinda leaning on allowing people to see their resistances, but have to talk about it with other big bullies aka wizards.
jozne

Post by jozne »

hmm, funny that templars cant see your resistances achieved from blessings.. why's that?
moraq

Post by moraq »

Yes they can. A minor blessing of fire resistance, however, doesn't show up in the test as its effect is too low.